HBO-True Detective

Ah, the original writer is back on Season 3. Apparently the apologists are saying that the reason Season 2 stank was because the writing of the season was a total rush job. He had a lot of time on this one and there are hints that certain plot points have the same feeling as Season 1. Even though the great director Cary Fukunaga is not back, there are several well respected directors who did the series this time. Here's hoping!

Reactions: chowlover2
Ah, the original writer is back on Season 3. Apparently the apologists are saying that the reason Season 2 stank was because the writing of the season was a total rush job. He had a lot of time on this one and there are hints that certain plot points have the same feeling as Season 1. Even though the great director Cary Fukunaga is not back, there are several well respected directors who did the series this time. Here's hoping!
I think Cary made that series. Hopefully there are other directors who share his vision and are working on this series.

Who watched the premiere of season 3 and what do you think? I enjoyed both episodes and think this season is on the right track.

I watched both episodes last night. So far, so good.

I think it will be, the first 2 episodes were really good. Cary Fukunawa is also involved, and that's a good sign.

I was happy to see his name in the credits. Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson were in the credits as well. I hope they all sprinkle some of their season 1 mojo on to this season.