HBO: Perry Mason

Yeah, Lupe is a generous businesswoman. Thank you @gracekelly your tidbits are priceless!
Thanks! When a show is set in old Los Angeles, it always piques my interest. I watched Penny Dreadful for the same reason. Way back when there were all sorts of shady deals in the city and areas associated with the city, so I expect we will have plenty to see next season!

I took a break from this show as I decided I wanted to binge on it, so after watching the first two episodes I watched the last six this past Friday and Saturday. I may go back to re-watch it again, maybe before season 2 airs! I usually am not a fan of noir, but loved this and The Alienist for those who have not watched it. It wrapped up well, and can't wait to see a second season. I enjoyed going back and reading all the posts now that I finished, lots of really great background information and observations!! Thanks to all who posted!!

I agree the acting is excellent. John Lithgow is fantastic in everything he does. One of the reasons I started watching was Matthew Rhys. I thought he was great in The Americans. Shea Wigham, his partner, pops up all over the place. Remember him from Boardwalk Empire? Tatiana Maslany (Orphan black) is neck and neck with Lithgow as to who is stealing the show. I am waiting for her to resurrect the baby. The thought passed my brain that maybe that wasn't the real Charlie who was killed.

I think it is the story itself that I am finding annoying. It certainly isn't the acting.
I loved John Lithgow too and wished that they could have figured out a way to keep him around for another season, even if it was a more limite role.
Big fan of Matthew Rhys since seeing him in the Americans. I never knew he was Welsh until I heard him interviewed and he spoke in his natural Welsh accent - had me swooning!!!
Tatiana Maslany was very good - it would be nice see her back in a few appearances.
Also love the actress who played Stella and loved how they updated character.
All around an excellent cast.
Can't wait for season 2.

Reactions: gelbergirl
I loved the historical information on the SFV as I was born in and grew up in San Fernando Valley till I graduated high school.

Does anyone know when season 2 is coming?

Reactions: gracekelly
I loved the historical information on the SFV as I was born in and grew up in San Fernando Valley till I graduated high school.

Does anyone know when season 2 is coming?
I haven't read anything. With Covid shutting down production of all regular movie/TV program filming, I am thinking that this may not show up again until 2022 or very late 2021 at best. The actors have had their work schedules totally turned upside down so availability for filming will be another big issue for all involved. Sometimes when this happens, roles are recast. It would be a shame to lose any of the supporting players who were so good.

I haven't read anything. With Covid shutting down production of all regular movie/TV program filming, I am thinking that this may not show up again until 2022 or very late 2021 at best. The actors have had their work schedules totally turned upside down so availability for filming will be another big issue for all involved. Sometimes when this happens, roles are recast. It would be a shame to lose any of the supporting players who were so good.
I hope there aren't any recasted roles. I know several shows and movies have started filming again in Southern California and in Vancouver, BC

Reactions: gracekelly
I just finished this series, and loved catching up in this thread and reading the trivia @gracekelly. I grew up in LA, in a Mid-Wilshire craftsman bungalow much like the ones in the show, though in the 40s my parents painted all the dark oak trim white. Many, many of the locations were so familiar to me, my first job was on Larchmont, and the home where Della lived looked just like my piano teachers home; I walked there on Wednesdays after school! It very well could have been. My grandmother used to take me to Angel's Flight when I was little as an adventure. I was sad when it closed and pleased to see it open last time I visited LA. @gracekelly I havent though of adohr farms in forever, but we did go there on field trips when I was in elementary school. It was the first time most of us city kids ever saw a cow. (yea, i am old, LOL) Love this show.

More location information: https://www.atlasofwonders.com/2020/06/perry-mason-city-filming-locations.html

Also you can pick up E.B.'s house for a song....https://www.realtor.com/news/unique-homes/classic-tudor-perry-mason-for-sale/

anyone watching this season? I watched last season but haven't had the urge to watch this one yet
Yes. Am not liking it as much. I think it is slow starting and this last episode was finally doing something at the very end. Matthew Rhys, who I usually like, is very annoying in his acting this go around. Paul Drake is the best character along with Della Street. Actually, I like everyone except for Perry! lololol!

• Haha
Reactions: sdkitty
Yes. Am not liking it as much. I think it is slow starting and this last episode was finally doing something at the very end. Matthew Rhys, who I usually like, is very annoying in his acting this go around. Paul Drake is the best character along with Della Street. Actually, I like everyone except for Perry! lololol!
I liked Matthew in the americans. I know he's married to keri russell but he was on WWHL with andy cohen recently and he seemed kinda effiminate to me

I liked Matthew in the americans. I know he's married to keri russell but he was on WWHL with andy cohen recently and he seemed kinda effiminate to me
I loved The Americans! It was a unique series. He has been in many British series and done a good job. Just can't put my finger on what is off with Mason right now.

Reactions: sdkitty
Apparently, it's already aired.
There will be eight episodes:

• Episode 1, "Chapter Nine": March 6, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 2, "Chapter Ten": March 13, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 3, "Chapter Eleven": March 20, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 4, "Chapter Twelve": March 27, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 5, "Chapter Thirteen": April 3, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 6, "Chapter Fourteen": April 10, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 7, "Chapter Fifteen": April 17, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern
  • Episode 8 (season finale), "Chapter Sixteen": April 24, 2023 at 9 p.m. eastern

Four episodes to go should be enough time to tie up the murder. It is going to be more complicated than it initially looked based on the last 30 sends of the last episode.

i am intrigued by the woman with all the money. Forgot her name. She said she came from Minnesota to teach piano, so how did she end up in the oil business and so wealthy? It wasn’t from marrying into it as far as I can tell. I have to research this as part of my ongoing trivia with this show.