Hayden-Harnett Winter Sale

Ecthelion

PURSEBAN Club Member
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
I understand JNH14...I didn't mean to say you are wrong......the problem is, I saw the same thing last night when I first found the Winter Sale (I think I witnessed the Winter Sale's start, :smile: ), the prices only showed on the product description pages, not the cart. So I just took it as some website technical issue...it's true that you can always ask them to honor that price, but given the fact that they state in the 20% link 'coupons cannot be combined', if they decide not to grant it I just take it.....

JNH14

Midlife...no crisis!
O.G.
Nov 3, 2006
Somewhere South...
Thanks, Ecthelion. The point that I tried to make is that I'm not trying to get something for nothing-but as consumers we have a right to ask when we see the posted discount. I appreciate your comments! :yes:

Blair Waldorf

Aug 15, 2006
I hope that doesn't make you take your business away from them though JNH14, as I don't think that mistake was THAT terrible. Anyway, I'm late to this party. Just got my email. SO many cute bags on sale!

bella sarafina

fellow bag addict
Nov 22, 2006
Northeast
I just got off the phone with the manager of Hayden-Harnett and they will not honor the website price linking through the 20% off with the discounted winter sale price. I spoke with him and stated that I thought that this was unfair as the website shows the price with the extra 20% off. He said that they would not honor it-I told him that was a major faux paus. You can't have something on sale that you don't honor when it's out there for the public. I printed the price of the Mercer handbags at $286-but it wants to charge me $357. He said that he was sorry-not a good business decision!!! He's lost my business. :hysteric:
that's really horrible. i can understand technical glitches, but if you're running two sales at the same time, they should have seen this coming. i work with web for a living, so maybe i'm expecting too much?

damn. daaaaaaaaaamn. i was all excited about those low prices. :sad:

catherina

Dec 3, 2006
I have to say, I'm a bit ticked too...I spent nearly two hours today looking/at deciding on two Lorcas and then trying to get through to their customer service line (with no luck). Although each Lorca was $188, when I got to the checkout, the price was something like $50 more for each so I didn't get them. Major disappointment, but I went to J Crew today and they are having an additional 30% off their sale prices, so I've recovered...:yes:

Now I've got to catch up on all my work...

valtsa

Nov 12, 2006
my sister just picked up the Havana hobo in chalk for me (Christmas gift).
She just received her Lorca today and was raving about it.
Haven't seen them in person but am quite excited.
Thanks for the links.

adoptastray

springtime lavender
Aug 15, 2006
Lexie, the plum definitely has a pinkish, almost fuschia tinge. That's why I'm glad they came out with the amethyst. The mulberry is less pink than the plum. I wouldn't have named their plum a plum!

bella sarafina

fellow bag addict
Nov 22, 2006
Northeast
oh, wonderful.

now the winter sale is showing something like three items on sale, and nothing is on sale when i click through using the 20% off coupon.

what in the world is going on over at hayden-harnett?!

Oct 3, 2006
really? Are you just entering the website? I just went to the main page and everything is on sale....I dont know about the 20% coupon, but I dont think we can use them at the same time...

Still trying to figure out what to get! Anyone else buy things??

bella sarafina

fellow bag addict
Nov 22, 2006
Northeast
really? Are you just entering the website? I just went to the main page and everything is on sale....I dont know about the 20% coupon, but I dont think we can use them at the same time...

Still trying to figure out what to get! Anyone else buy things??
oh yeah. clicking through to the winter sale, without the 20% coupon link, and i'm only seeing certain things on sale - they must be the featured items. the other items are only showing their sale prices after you add them into your cart.

seriously, HH folks, this is bad website fu. you need to hire me to make your website much, much better - and less buggy! :P

May 18, 2006
oh yeah. clicking through to the winter sale, without the 20% coupon link, and i'm only seeing certain things on sale - they must be the featured items. the other items are only showing their sale prices after you add them into your cart.

seriously, HH folks, this is bad website fu. you need to hire me to make your website much, much better - and less buggy! :P
I am on their website and when I go to the main page, it shows 7 pages of sale items, not sure why you are having this problem. Lots of nice bags on sale..

Lexie2000

O.G.
Jan 6, 2006
Wild Wonderful West Virginia
The site was very quirky the night I ordered too. I kept getting different prices. Once I got the Plum for 172 but when I clicked to checkout it came up 216 again. And it never did give me the extra 20% off. It seems straightened up now. I get the same price everytime. That night was driving me mad. I got 4 different prices from 172 to 288. So I was happy for the 216 working for me.

Oct 25, 2006
I think I want the Lorca in Chalk. Anybody have it?? Do you like it?? Tell me about it please so i can make up my mind!!!!! I don't have any white bags and I really want one. thanx