Hayden Harnett, Post Pics Here please, Yay!!!

Here are some photos, I took one of it over my shoulder so you see how it drapes, the one where it is in the box is closer to the true color... :smile:

BEAUTIFUL! SO I am assuming the white is not like white white but it has some undertones?

I am so glad I decided to go back to get it - and now I can't wait to get mine!!!

BEAUTIFUL! SO I am assuming the white is not like white white but it has some undertones?

I am so glad I decided to go back to get it - and now I can't wait to get mine!!!

Definitely not 'white white' - you will adore this color - the word "chalk" does not do it justice. This is what I would call a 'winter white' - if you've ever stared off into the distance looking out on a landscape covered with snow in the early evening (between the last rays of the sun and the sun set) you'll recognize this 'white'. Low key but WOW. Leather Heaven, Hayden-Harnett style.

Funny- I have the Lorca in saddle but it looks more yellow than the pics here! Maybe I got another color by mistake....doesn't matter because I still love it! I also got the Dominique hobo and a non-purse item, the Julia belted jacket. Happy happy joy joy!

You guys have got some great camera skills! I'm going to try to experiment with all those mysterious buttons/functions on my digicam.

madl's_gal - thanks for posting pics of the chalk havana! i'm waiting impatiently for this bag too. i love the lining and the leather looks great, but i'm not too crazy about how the stitching looks. any thoughts?

madl's_gal - thanks for posting pics of the chalk havana! i'm waiting impatiently for this bag too. i love the lining and the leather looks great, but i'm not too crazy about how the stitching looks. any thoughts?

Hi gee! I am very particular about stitching-- the quality, needless to say, and the color of the thread! I think it can easily cheapen the look of the bag. For instance, I feel very strongly against white stiching on a dark colored bag but that's just a personal preference.

For this particular bag though, I think the light brown thread gives it dimension.. I am unsure if I'd prefer it white on white as I feel it will make the bag look flat. Also, the color of the thread sort of goes very well with the light gold hardware, especially the small studs along the stitching. What's crucial here is that the stitching has to be very precise and it is so the bag pulls it off nicely. HTH and hope you get yours soon!

I completely agree with you madl's gal. I'm also extremely picky about stitching as well, and while I normally wouldn't prefer contrast stitching in a bag like this, white bags can be very one dimensional. The fact that the thread matches the hardware and that it is light brown instead of something darker, ties it all together for me and makes it work well.

thanks for the input madl's_gal and valkyrie360...i feel a little bit better with your reassurance on the quality and design! i've never seen an HH bag IRL, so maybe i'll have a change of heart once i get the bag in my hands.

As promised, pics of the Margot Kiss-Kiss in chalk tweed/woodgrain patent.

i'm sorry these are hurried and without the ambiance HH bags deserve... my little monster pup ate a blue pen while sitting on my ivory colored couch, and i'm up to my eyeballs in upholstery cleaner :crybaby:

comments on the Margot:
1) the patent is awesome, but sticky!! can anyone corroborate this!? doesn't leave a residue on my fingers, but it's sort of tacky and i can see it attracting dust/loose threads/fuzz. maybe it's cause it was in the back of a hot UPS truck?

2) the left leather strap/buckle isn't lying flat - i think the strap was folded in the box, so it needs to be flattened a bit. no big deal, but know it's not supposed to be like that.

Attachments

• kiss.jpg
    kiss.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 196
  • kiss1.jpg
    kiss1.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 121
  • kiss2.jpg
    kiss2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 241
  • kiss3.jpg
    kiss3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 173
  • kiss4.jpg
    kiss4.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 130
As promised, pics of the Margot Kiss-Kiss in chalk tweed/woodgrain patent.

i'm sorry these are hurried and without the ambiance HH bags deserve... my little monster pup ate a blue pen while sitting on my ivory colored couch, and i'm up to my eyeballs in upholstery cleaner :crybaby:

comments on the Margot:
1) the patent is awesome, but sticky!! can anyone corroborate this!? doesn't leave a residue on my fingers, but it's sort of tacky and i can see it attracting dust/loose threads/fuzz. maybe it's cause it was in the back of a hot UPS truck?

2) the left leather strap/buckle isn't lying flat - i think the strap was folded in the box, so it needs to be flattened a bit. no big deal, but know it's not supposed to be like that.

:wtf: Sorry about your ivory couch - your little monster pup is only doing what monster pups do ... and I'll bet she's watching you very closely ...

I gotta tell you, J, that's the strangest looking bag I've ever seen, and I thought that before seeing your excellent photos. I think the leather is probably sticky due to being overheated in the UPS truck but keep an eye on it - you could send it back, you know, if it doesn't behave.

You are a brave woman!