Hayden Harnett Pan Am tote

cciele

O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
I just received a red Pan Am tote from the recent HH sale, and so far am impressed with the bag. I was looking for something I could use when going about with my two kids. This involves toting a bunch of snacks, some diapers, extra clothes, and drinks, as well as my own stuff (wallet, keys, phone, lip stuff, lotion, etc.). I think this bag will fit the bill nicely.

Being made of nylon, it's fairly light and I don't have to worry terribly about stains or moisture. The two front pockets are perfect for water bottles, and the center front pocket offers quick access to oft-needed items. The inside has three slit pockets on one side and a zip pocket on the other. The bottom is reinforced and has five feet. Black leather trim adds a bit of class to a nylon bag. The two handles sit comfortably on my shoulder, but I haven't had a chance to wear it loaded yet. My favorite feature? The clips that bring in the top sides, transforming the bag from a plain rectangle to a cool-looking trapezoid. The bag also has a magnetic closure on the top edge.

:tup:

Attachments

• pan-am_body.jpg
    pan-am_body.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 201
  • image0004.jpg
    image0004.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 164
  • image0005.jpg
    image0005.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 138
  • image0006.jpg
    image0006.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 132
cciele, thanks so much for sharing the detail pictures looks like an awesome bag! I have one suggestion though- I got one of the micchio cases, in the khaki- and used it once (as a clutch) this weekend. It was disgustingly dirty! Granted it is lighter than your red, but I'd suggest a stainguard spray. Think I'm going to do that now. I was able to wash mine in wool-light and most of the stains came out, but still- I was disappointed that I couldn't get all the stains off (i.e.- the nylon is not pretreated).

Thanks all!

tonij2000--yeah, I was lucky and snatched it up when it was $39. Right after that they raised it to be in line with the price of the other Pan Ams.

woodstock--ooh, thanks for the tip! Sorry to hear about your Michio :sad: I'll spray it before I go out.

I just ordered one as I am needing a new gym bag and this one will be perfect!! Although I didn't get it for as good a price as you though. I just love that red. Please update after you have used it a few times to let us know how it holds up.