* Hayden-Harnett Hottie's Hangout! *

ATT has us by the "balls," yes. However, that will change come early Jan 2011...

PS... Lu, from what I know, I thought that the iPhone plan (the data plan) was seperate from your voice plan. ATT has not combined the voice and data into "single" plans for personal/corporate use. If you sold your iPhone, and you are using a BB, you should be able to contact ATT and ask that the iPhone data plan be dropped from your account- tell them you lost your iPhone- (leaving your voice plan in tact) and they should add the UNLD 30 ($30 data plan- may be higher for international plan) to the account. I am almost 100% positive that the rep you spoke to is full of ****. You can quote me on that. Although I don't sell the service anymore (I worked for a multi retailer of cellular service all the way through college), I have a good friend that is a manager at the store (corporate ATT store) less than 2 miles from my front door, and I would be more than happy to go see him if necessary.

I know for a fact that you are under ZERO obligation with ANY carrier to sign on for a contracted term for equipment that you already own for active lines. In this case, should you choose to bring out the old BB (you own this already, yes?) and use it on a line on your account, you only have to change the data plans and IMEI's on ATT's service to match the appropriate device. The need to do this is completely obsolete for non-smart phone to non-smartphone changes.

The only way that I could see them being pissy is if you have a BB that was not an ATT BB and one that you acquired that is "unlocked." They aren't allowed to ban you from using devices that are compatible with their network. You would just have to tell them that you lost your iPhone, and that you need a new Sim Card (I think that they are $19.99 from ATT USD and they program it in the store with your phone number). If they b&^%$ at you, tell them it is sad that they don't allow customers to insure iPhones against THEFT; therefore, you have no choice but to use an older phone that you have that is compatible with their network until you decide to upgrade again when you are elligible to do so.

PS---- Send me a PM and I will be happy to help you out. :smile:

:cursing: Aarrghhh... AT&T... they own the rights to Iphone usage and and basically have us Iphone owners by the balls. Sorry Lu. I'd hoped you would get used to the Iphone. I guess now you have no choice!

Last edited:
Nobody's got ballz like you, Lu!! AT&T should be so lucky.

And on THAT note :nuts: I'll bow out for the evening, since it's the EPIC BEDLAM game on prime time tonight!! *she reminisces* My freshman year at Oklahoma State University, in the hell-hole that is Stillwater, Oklahoma (cheese fries and Skylab Fallouts at Eskimo Joe's notwithstanding) was the year Barry Sanders won the Heisman Trophy. He's short.

So if anyone skips past the game tonight, think of me, wearing BRIGHT orange. And realize that for Oklahoma State, beating Oklahoma (WHO chooses thieves "Sooners" as their mascots???? Seriously???) is even better than EVER being in the national championship. Poo on Boomer Sooner. Poo on Crimson and Cream. Poo on that dood who made me chug that Spuds McKenzie cup full of Lil' Mickies at that random frat house during the Bedlam game, '89. (But YAY for the sweetie who mailed my earrings back after I puked on your laundry!! :smooch:)

GO POKES!!!!

YIKES! Too bad all of your poo-pooing couldn't help out your poor Cowboys, Jenni. I actually thought they had a chance at beating OU this year.

Nothing better than seeing both TEXAS and OSU lose to my beloved football team. You see, I'm a Sooner girl from waaaaaaay back. My dad had a Sooner Schooner music box in my room when I was a baby and played it for me every night. (Secretly, I think he was still hoping I was actually a boy!)

Quite a long line of Boomer Sooner in our CRIMSON blood!

(Just had to give you a friendly jab... it's not often that we come out with W's in the Red River Rivalry AND Bedlam during the same season.)

evening hotties! how is everyone? gotta clean up for the plumber coming tomorrow. :P still now working kitchen sink. spent my Nordies Groupons on the most boring stuff ever. Probably sitting out cyber Monday. Off to watch the Naked Gun - RIP Leslie Nielsen.

Oh---Word!

What Bri said, Lu!

I can't believe they'd do that to you. You should be able to use your BB w your Att service, just switch the data plans... or not even (bc BB uses a data plan just like the iphone, and they're the same price, I thought).

F them. They really do have us all... :sad:

YUM, Chez!!! I hope you get it!

ATT has us by the "balls," yes. However, that will change come early Jan 2011...

PS... Lu

:ghi5: That was super helpful. Thank you. I think the person I talked to was trying one of those scare tactics/ upsell on me. My BB is an AT&T BB and I already used one of those ghetto rigging mirco sim card converter thingies so I could use my BB. I did talk to another sales person about my situation and I believe we came to a reasonable agreement. I purchased an iphone on ebay and AT&T is sending me a bluetooth headset for free so I don't have to deal with proximity sensor issues. When the time comes for our plan to run out I'll down grade my data plan & switch to blackberry. I would have to make too many changes to our plan in order to use a BB or make the most out of our current plan. I'm just going to wait it out. I've only got 5 months on this contract or whatever then I'm going to make the switch. The new sales person was really helpful in identifying my needs and resolving my issues for now. International Busniess Plans at AT&T get really complicated to understand I'm so glad that I found someone who could help me.

So for now....I'm putting on a smile and saying yay iphone your so awesome... but secretly wishing it was a BB.

LOL! I am glad that you were able to speak to someone more reasonable. It aggrivates the *&^% out of me when people pull stunts like that. >:sad: PS... Did you know that after you have owned ANY ATT phone outright for 6 months, ATT now HAS to provide you with the unlock codes for the device??!!! (Keep in mind, you have to go to a corporate store.) My friend told me about this, and he said that there are at least 5 people that ask him for them every day and now they have to give them out after the phone has been on contract for a min. of 6 months! lol! ha ha ha... take that, ATT!!

Jen... what can I say? I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. :hugs: It's been real, girlfriend, but seriously. You too, Jess... Damn Sooners. Kee-rist. Even DH, of the fabled Utah/BYU rivalry, kept wondering "um, why do they keep playing that song? What? They called a time out, so the band plays Boomer Sooner??" My fellow alums and I just rolled our eyes LOL. No. This one was a heartbreaker, to be sure. But the times, they are a changin'. T Boone has pumped so much money into Stillwater, and the Big 12 has just been upended. We'll see next year!! :biguns:

I'm just thrilled that Tennessee beat Kentucky. I know that I graduated from UK, but their football program is a sorry excuse for a D1 school. It is crap that UK even gets to go to a bowl game, when they had FIVE crap/bs teams on the schedule this year (most NON CONFERENCE small schools), compared to Tennessee's ONE crap scheduled game v. Martin. Puh-leezzz. Both teams finished with the same overall record. I don't think it is fair that UK gets to go to a bowl game when there are other conferences with better teams that don't get as many spots as the SEC. >:sad: PS... I should mention that this makes 26 straight years that UK has LOST to UT in football.

Jen... what can I say? I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. :hugs: It's been real, girlfriend, but seriously. You too, Jess... Damn Sooners. Kee-rist. Even DH, of the fabled Utah/BYU rivalry, kept wondering "um, why do they keep playing that song? What? They called a time out, so the band plays Boomer Sooner??" My fellow alums and I just rolled our eyes LOL. No. This one was a heartbreaker, to be sure. But the times, they are a changin'. T Boone has pumped so much money into Stillwater, and the Big 12 has just been upended. We'll see next year!! :biguns:

Jenni, I hear ya on the Boomer Sooner song... it's like "ENOUGH ALREADY! ALRIGHT!! We get it.... blah blah blah... don't wear it out!" And I guarantee you OU will choke in any bowl game they attend this year.

Football is not as big in Maryland as it is in OK/TX. We are subjected to horrible ACC football, but when basketball season rolls around and it's Maryland vs. Puke (Duke), it's totally on. However, watching those Cameron Crazies jump up and down for the entire game becomes so nauseauting. Of course, we haven't been able to hang with them for many, many years now.

Still friends, girlie?! :hugs:

Nothing is as tedious as the FSU Seminole chop and that "war chant". The FSU Seminoles trampled the UF Gators Saturday, Gator Nation is in shock. Luckily we don't live or die by the Gators at our house and it's time FSU had their place in the sun, but don't get used to it Noles, the Gators will be back.

Hi Suz!! Absolutely. I hate that Seminole chop. Hate it when it's the Braves doing it, too. What HAPPENED to UF this year?! They just tanked. DH follows them b/c Urban Meyers was the coach that took Utah through an undefeated season. And Bri, ITA... that's ONE of the things f*d up about the BCS system, and it's why Utah bailed on the WAC. They kept having fantastic seasons but no bowl games.

Jen, lovey! My Dad's entire family is from Oklahoma... we're *mostly* Cowboys, but a few Sooners snuck in so I'm used to HAVING to love people who love crimson. :smooch: I'll still hang wid' ya! I can't imagine watching the CCs jump for a whole game, though. It's bad enough for the few seconds on TV.

Tim Tebow graduated. It was getting so he was treated as if he was the whole team (some of us were getting a little tired of that) so it was time for a change but a whole lot of the team also graduated. I've been saying it's a rebuilding year, they'll come back but this year is sure a hard lesson in humility for some people. Hopefully the alumni have the patience to let Urban Meyer rebuild and he won't retire again.

I know Steve Spurrier enjoyed his victory in the Swamp! I still sort of miss his sideline antics.

Spurrier's hysterical! It'll be interesting to see if Meyer stays... his health's not good, right? And HOW could I have forgotten the main, (vain)glorious reason for UF's recent years??? He's bloody well stuck here in Denver, now, isn't he. We're taking this year off from being Broncos fans. The whole state went Tebow nuts (because surely it meant the Broncos were blessed, right?) and it hasn't helped them overcome an a$$ of a head coach. I'm having fun watching da Bears beat up on everyone :P

'Kay :biggrin: Nuff sports talk! We're scaring the other Hotties :smooch:

U of Miami is looking at Jon Gruden so it could be worse. A lot worse. I always defended my man Spurrier against the insanely jealous detractors.

The hubs decided he wanted a 42" tv, it's still in the spot the smaller one was until we get the front room squared away. So far I do not like it, it feels like everyone is in my lap and everything looks so weird. Of course I'm only about 6 feet away from the screen so, hopefully, when it's moved it'll be ok.