* Hayden-Harnett Hottie's Hangout! *

Jenni, I'm not a mac nerd, but do macs have an emergency release on the cd/dvd/bleuray drive like pcs do? It is just a little hole on the front. If you turn the computer off and stick a straightened paperclip in the hole the tray should come out a little and then you can pull it open and get the cd out.

I'm sure Lauri is just busy trying to do the holidays and all her PT. Plus, didn't her daughter and granddaughter move in a while back? It has to be fabulously fun to do holiday stuff with her little granddaughter and way better than spending time on the computer. I bet she wouldn't mind an email/PM checking up on her though :biggrin:

Lu - that sucks. cell carriers are annoying. my office finally switched from Treos to Droids and then the official Verizon app fro syncing email with our exchange server broke and now the one people are using is officially not supported by our tech support guys.

clutched - yay for shopping assistance.

jenni - i hope you can get the disc out. I've managed to assist devices in the past where you could see the disc by using \ needle nose pliers but you probably don't want to mess with a mad.

Thanks, MT&MB... there isn't a hole on the MacBook (it's a slot, not a tray), and I've tried the credit card thing, tried re-booting it a dozen ways. Now it's started making this loud sound like a playing card stuck in the spokes on a bicycle. :sad: I think I'd better just take it to the Genius Bar over the holidays. Damn thing's beat to hell anyway. It's at least six years old. If I had $2K lying around, I'd replace it.

:cursing: Aarrghhh... AT&T... they own the rights to Iphone usage and and basically have us Iphone owners by the balls. Sorry Lu. I'd hoped you would get used to the Iphone. I guess now you have no choice!

Jenni - oops - didn't realize you have to pay. I got the apple care protection thingy when I got my mac so I've gotten good support. Also - we're surrounded by apple stores - some regular apple and also 3rd party stores so there is lots of support around.

:cursing: Aarrghhh... AT&T... they own the rights to Iphone usage and and basically have us Iphone owners by the balls. Sorry Lu. I'd hoped you would get used to the Iphone. I guess now you have no choice!

AT&T has my balls and is squeezing mine tight. Hopefully it was just my phone that I had before and I get one with a better proximity sensor. I've hung up on people, cheek dialed, tried to facetime people, put people on speaker everytime I make a phone call it's annoying but I guess I'll get used to it.

The theory is that... my being left handed and having dark colored hair has something to do with it.

Nobody's got ballz like you, Lu!! AT&T should be so lucky.

And on THAT note :nuts: I'll bow out for the evening, since it's the EPIC BEDLAM game on prime time tonight!! *she reminisces* My freshman year at Oklahoma State University, in the hell-hole that is Stillwater, Oklahoma (cheese fries and Skylab Fallouts at Eskimo Joe's notwithstanding) was the year Barry Sanders won the Heisman Trophy. He's short.

So if anyone skips past the game tonight, think of me, wearing BRIGHT orange. And realize that for Oklahoma State, beating Oklahoma (WHO chooses thieves "Sooners" as their mascots???? Seriously???) is even better than EVER being in the national championship. Poo on Boomer Sooner. Poo on Crimson and Cream. Poo on that dood who made me chug that Spuds McKenzie cup full of Lil' Mickies at that random frat house during the Bedlam game, '89. (But YAY for the sweetie who mailed my earrings back after I puked on your laundry!! :smooch:)

GO POKES!!!!

I bet 2M's resting from T-Day!

How is everyone?! Longest. week/end. Ever.

But I survived (and succeeded) for T-Day!!!

DH came through w last-minute floor-TLC and I was only just getting out of the shower when they came, but the house looked great and the food was good!

Glad to "see" everyone around these days--Mindy, Renee, Chez, Jan!

What's everyone planning to shop for Cyber Monday?