~*~Hayden-Harnett Hottie's Hangout!~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.
missA. good luck! wishing you lots of patience, compassion and love!

i love my inlaws... especially since they live in minnesota and i only get to see them twice a year. it's just different when it's not your own family.

jsenning a doula is a professional who provides support before, during and after birth. not sure of the specifics, though. i'm not a parent myself. :smile:

ohhowiwishilovedmyinlaws

Thanks saccharine :flowers: I want to like them. I like my FIL a lot - he's wonderful. But my MIL is SUCH a downer - so negative all the time, so depressed, has a million reasons why nothing works for her (i.e. happy pills), complicates everything in her life and enjoys NOTHING, etc etc - makes me CRAZY. I am so not like that and think that's why DH married me. LOL

LOL! i hope your hubs understands your pain and makes it up to you. :sunshine:

i have a deal with my hubs. i'll visit his parents but, he can't leave me alone with his mom. i don't mind chilling with his gramma or his sister or even his dad, alone. but, not... his mom. i need someone to rescue me, if needed.

i had to fly in to visit them one day early, once. without him. never again. it's nice to have him as the buffer. hope yours is there to make things smoother.

we have some similarities, for sure.

i really like my fil a lot. he's such an easy person to be with. funny, welcoming, good with people.

i think guys either marry someone like their mom or an exact opposite. the latter is true for me as well. oddly enough, i share the same birthday as my MIL. :yucky: (i'm affectionate, she's not. she's hypercompetitive, i'm chill. etc. etc.) she's not super-negative but, you never know what she's thinking, kwim? it's like she's scheming something. or judging you. :devil:

oh well, we can't choose our parents... or our in-laws. :Push:

mishka, CONGRATULATIONS on finding out "IT'S A GIRL!!!!!!"

Either choice would be fabulous beyond words but a girl will so much fun! I'd love to see more U/S but for anyone who is upset in any way by them :hugs:
A lot of times my hubs first reaction to anything is "no!" then later on when he has time to think it over he's ok with whatever it is but the knee-jerk "no" is difficult to deal with. Perhaps your boy is feeling stressed and will come around?

sally, what a hardship to be entertaining a cute swat guy...you poor thing :P

missA, my brothers-in-law and wives are great as was my f-i-l but my mother-in-law called me "that girl" for over 20 years if she called me anything, now she usually doesn't remember who I am...just wish I could forget who she is...you're so classy you'll get through the visit with grace.

lulu, really like that scarf, it looks so cozy and you look timelessly lovely

Luciana, hmmmm, I'm happy with how cute you ALWAYS look but knitting a scarf so quickly is sorta annoying :lol: but I'm determined to learn how to myself

Can't believe we're into another thread for the HHH hangout!!!

:yahoo: :yahoo:

I CANNOT WAIT to SEE THE LIL MISHKA PICS TONIGHT!!!!!

Look at you all sweet and thoughtful with your disclaimer.... Mishka: YOU ARE THE BEST.... Lil Miss Mish Baby is so lucky to have a sweet awesome Momma....

Who cares if Daddy can be a jerk sometimes? Brush it off your shoulders girlfriend... Watch and see....your little girl is going to MELT all his tough guy shiitake once she arrives...... MARK.MY.WORDS..

:heart: :heart:

i think guys either marry someone like their mom or an exact opposite. the latter is true for me as well. oddly enough, i share the same birthday as my MIL. :yucky: (i'm affectionate, she's not. she's hypercompetitive, i'm chill. etc. etc.) she's not super-negative but, you never know what she's thinking, kwim? it's like she's scheming something. or judging you. :devil:

oh well, we can't choose our parents... or our in-laws. :Push:

:lol:
omg - your use of smileys here cracked me up! Awesome.

We've been married for 11 yrs now and my MIL made a few mistakes over the years with me. I could never describe them all here - but you know how you can forgive someone for things, b/c you love them? I forgave her b/c I love DH. :shrugs: But even when you forgive, you learn things about people, KWIM? I learned that she's a passive-aggressive shrew. But she loves my kids and is good with them, so... that's valuable. Seriously. Some people are better grandparents than parents.

Fafnir, can you talk to someone who knows and writes code who can help you with this? I advise that you do that, only b/c of your copyright issues. Technically, anything posted online can be TAKEN. I know this b/c of photography... if it's on Flickr, or WordPress, or any public site and can be clicked on and saved, it's simply gone. Not easy to chase down. If you can get someone who knows more about writing HTML or whatever, you'll be better off with that for your sensitive content. JMO. Of course you can always put watermarks all over your art.

As far as Etsy finds and other stuff (which I would love to see :nuts:)... I've used Blogger and Wordpress and think the latter has better designs, while Blogger is easier (more intuitive) to use. And yep, you can access your photos from Photobucket or Flickr for those.

Thanks, missA! I have a friend who has a photography website, I'll ask her. She's always helpful.

faf, I'd love to read a blog written by you so hope you can find a way to do it. Congratulations to you and your daughter also, how wonderful!

missA, that's what I try to remember about my m-i-l, that she's the mother of my hubs and for that I'll be grateful and try to be kind to her.

My brother and his wife had a little girl, he'd never been interested in a child but once Emily was born she immediately had him wrapped around her finger, it may be the same for you too Mishka. We can hope.

My sister AND her husband are coming over on the 14th, it's BOTH of their birthdays (cool, right??)
I am going to attempt to make them the pork tenderloin.... I'm already nervous..... Kate, I am going to try the wine/mustard recipe you recommended..... :biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.