Hayden Harnett & HHHotties Nail Polishes

Mib, that does look great! Love the Orange. I have a couple Sinful Colors and I wore one recently and it was really bubbly. I don't know if I did something wrong. Any advice?

Thanks Jenni & MC!

MC I'd swirl the bottle instead of shaking it. Shaking causes bubbles. Plus, if you do two thinner layers vs. one thick layer, then it might help too with the bubbles. I wouldn't say Sinful Colors is the best formula. Each bottle is different too imo.

okay... a little change of plans. geez.. this one took a long time deciding. i did sinful colors "cloud 9" 2 layers and sinful colors "all about you" gold glitter on top. i was going to do zoya tanzy on top, but it just didn't look right... made the polish too light orange vs. the deeper orange color i was going for. "cloud 9" is very bright orange with a bit of shimmer, so it's really fun by itself for summer, but the gold glitter deepens the orange and adds a bit of a foil look to the polish. the gold glitter has very tiny orange glitter in it, so it does match well.

5697044418_038409db95.jpg

This is gorgeous and a lovely match to Yam!

mib, that is gorgeous.

mothbeast, perfection! i must have that llamasqua phallic!!! hhm. i have a sephora gift card to burn. off to investigate if llamasqua is 3free.

--

how do you guys get your manis to be so clean around the edges? mine are always such a mess so i stick with nude polish to easily mask the mess.

MB that's very pretty! I still need a dark blue. kicking myself for not getting zoya indigo or ibiza

^^I use an orange stick to clean up as I go. That's worked really well since I've been doing it.

what's an orange stick? i don't use anything other than my nails to clean up around the edges as i go. i just don't use too thick of a coat so i know when to paint without getting it on my skin.

I can't find a pic right now, but it's just a wooden stick that's pointy on one end and a little more blunt on the other. It's supposed to be used for your cuticles, but I like the pointy end for cleaning up around the nail edge and my skin. I just buy them at Target.

oh speaking of target, their nail cleaner jar with the bristles work wonderfully in getting polish off with glitter. i would spend SOOOO much time trying to get the glitter off without it getting all over my skin, but this thing is awe.some. the only down side is that it totally dries out my fingers & nails, so i totally have to wash off and hydrate my skin right away. it turns my fingers white and crusty. :/

sacc - i just focus on getting the polish on the nail and dried properly. I don't try to do any clean up until both hand are perfectly dry so I don't smudge the nails. Then I can do a quick shower or do some dishes and then the polish on the skin will rub right off. if it sticks you can try using an orange stick to get it started.

I caved on the Zoya Earth Day special, so I thought I would give matching the Harlequin Barrel Case a try. I just got this barrel case from a wonderful HHHottie. Couldn't decide which color I wanted to match, so for a lark, I thought I'd do one nail to match each of the harlequin pattern colors and then decide for the 10 nails. Since there are more colors than 5 fingers can handle, I opted on the middle finger for a color that was perfectly tonal between the caramel brown in the print and the salmon peachy beige "honeycomb" cells. I normally dont' wear black nail polish, so I had to get a bottle of that from the dollar store. That wasn't in my Zoya order, LOL.

attachment.php

Close-Up of the 4 Zoya Colors (the one that looks orange, is not as bright as it picked up with my iPhone):

attachment.php

Attachments

• harlequin-barrel-w_nails.jpg
    harlequin-barrel-w_nails.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 283
  • harlequin-barrel-w_nails2.jpg
    harlequin-barrel-w_nails2.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 202
  • harlequin-barrel-w_nails3.jpg
    harlequin-barrel-w_nails3.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 279
rmc, what a fun pic! all those colors match perfectly - did you have the harlequin in mind when you did your zoya order? or was it just a great coincidence? all the colors suit you so well... even the black!