Hayden Harnett Havana or Foley+Corinna Mid City or ?

2blue3pink

Sep 28, 2007
I like the style of both handbags and I'm in the market for a grey bag. I have a HH bag so I am a bit familar with the leather and workmanship. I am leaning slightly towards the Mid City but I'm curious as to the workmanship and quality of the leather of the F+C.

I had a Foley + Corinna City Clutch, and wasn't too impressed by the quality. I wasn't fond of the unfinished edges, and workmanship was a little shoddy as well (the stitching on the inside label came undone after just a couple of weeks' use). I think you'll have to see an F+C in person to judge the quality and workmanship for yourself, as I wouldn't really recommend it otherwise.

I am biased......I have several HH bags and was intrigued by F&C until I saw one IRL and than was pretty disappointed in the quality of leather and workmanship. Granted, it was several years ago when the bag first came out, so unless they have really improved I would pass. Unless you find one for less than $100. IMHO - more of a throw away purchase.
Hopefully, you'll get to see one IRL to judge for yourself.

I have the Foley and Corinna City tote and I love it. Yes though I agree in that the leather isn't the best quality. My city tote is extremely functional though and i'm always using it.

I have a bag from both makers, and the F&C is unfinished, but I think that's the look it's supposed to have. A distressed, worn-in look. I really like the mid-city tote - quite light and very functional, and I personally love the look of the bag. That being said, the Havana is quite nice too!

Thank you for all for your experiences and thoughts. I've tried Tano twice and I just don't love the thinness of the leather and if F+C is similar I know I won't be happy with it either. I really love the look of the Mid City but I won't have an opportunity to see it in real life.

ITA with the assessments of F+C so far -- I have bought two City Totes, and returned them both immediately because they seemed to be poorly made and very "unfinished" for the price (though I did like the colors). I have also had a Havana (and other HH bags) and loved them, though! Excellent quality for the price, and the Havana is their best bag, IMO. If I were you, I would order a Mid-City from an e-tailer with a generous return policy, just to check it out.

HTH! :smile:

I have two City Totes and love the style of them but the leather varies from one side of one of my bags to the other, like dry, flaky skin dry! The Havana is much nicer in leather, workmanship and detailing. If you prefer the look of the City Tote then I'd suggest getting one on clearance somewhere as imo they are extremely overpriced and they have plastic zippers on the inside and they don't even come with sleepers.

I have a bag from both makers, and the F&C is unfinished, but I think that's the look it's supposed to have. A distressed, worn-in look. I really like the mid-city tote - quite light and very functional, and I personally love the look of the bag. That being said, the Havana is quite nice too!
Agreed. My only dislike about my mini city is the glazed leather.

I say Havana. I really like both bags in terms of design, but find the havana easier to use on an everyday basis. And HH leather is amazing! If you do get the mid city, definitely get it on sale :P