Hayden Harnett Gaza Hobo

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
Hi everyone!
I am new to HH, and was considering the Havana Hobo but was concerned about the GIANT size, so I looked through the pictures on the "post HH pictures" thread to see if I could find some modelling pix of it. There I found a beautiful bag that is called a Gaza Hobo in purple. I searched on the HH site and found nothing, as this must be an old style because it is nowhere to be found, so I did a google search, and again came up with nothing!
Leave it to me to fall in love with a bag that is not possible to get!

Any help from the HH mavens around here where I might be able to find one???

TIA!
;)

Yup - old style.
Ebay is an option......just checked Ann's Fabulous Finds.....no Gaza there.
Good luck.

Yours are the pix I saw and fell in love with the bag/color. Can you please tell me what it was that you didn't love about it?
I think it looks amazing on you!

Hi everyone!
I am new to HH, and was considering the Havana Hobo but was concerned about the GIANT size, so I looked through the pictures on the "post HH pictures" thread to see if I could find some modelling pix of it. There I found a beautiful bag that is called a Gaza Hobo in purple. I searched on the HH site and found nothing, as this must be an old style because it is nowhere to be found, so I did a google search, and again came up with nothing!
Leave it to me to fall in love with a bag that is not possible to get!

Any help from the HH mavens around here where I might be able to find one???

TIA!
;)

i can't help with the gaza-search, but just wanted to put in a thought. i have never seen a gaza irl but i do have a havana. it does seem giant but it is so slouchy that unless you fill it up (which i never do.. it fits a LOT - i had a pair of shoes and a pair of pants in there the other day along with the usual, and it could have fit more) it will never look enormous.

i can't help with the gaza-search, but just wanted to put in a thought. i have never seen a gaza irl but i do have a havana. it does seem giant but it is so slouchy that unless you fill it up (which i never do.. it fits a LOT - i had a pair of shoes and a pair of pants in there the other day along with the usual, and it could have fit more) it will never look enormous.

I know people keep saying that, but even in the modelling ppix, it looks so big to me. Isn't a bottomless pit when you are trying to find anything?
It seems the Gaza is smaller and more manageable, and I like the two front pockets alot.
The style looks really unique.

I know people keep saying that, but even in the modelling ppix, it looks so big to me. Isn't a bottomless pit when you are trying to find anything?
It seems the Gaza is smaller and more manageable, and I like the two front pockets alot.
The style looks really unique.

i like the gaza but i continue to pass on it because i think it will look bigger on me due to its shape - i guess what i mean is that although the dimensions of the gaza are listed as being smaller, it actually ARE those dimensions, whereas with the havana it really never actually is 20 inches or whatever is listed, because it's always squished down from that.

i posted a pic in the havana modeling pic thread :smile: i find it fairly organized, actually - i use the outside three pockets (two in front, one zippered in back) a lot. :tup:

i like the gaza but i continue to pass on it because i think it will look bigger on me due to its shape - i guess what i mean is that although the dimensions of the gaza are listed as being smaller, it actually ARE those dimensions, whereas with the havana it really never actually is 20 inches or whatever is listed, because it's always squished down from that.

i posted a pic in the havana modeling pic thread :smile: i find it fairly organized, actually - i use the outside three pockets (two in front, one zippered in back) a lot. :tup:

I saw your picture. It looks great on you and I love the color!!!!!!

Can anyone comment on the Gaza leather? I had one PF'er email me and say the leather is not soft, but actually quite stiff. Do you think it would soften with use or maybe with a leather conditioner?

Stiff leather is a deal-breaker for me!
:tdown:

Is this the bag you mean?

My daughter carries this and enjoys it very much. It is NOT a slouchy hobo, it is a bit more structured than the Havana. The leather is irregular in nature like a washed leather. The bag itself has many pockets and is an easy carry because of this. It sits on your shoulder great and is well balanced.

These pop up on Ebay all the time and generally go for under $190. I also had one in Taupe, a good neutral tone.

Good luck.

Attachments

• PruneFront.jpg
    PruneFront.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 208
  • PruneBack.jpg
    PruneBack.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 162
  • PruneInside.jpg
    PruneInside.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 156
  • PruneSide2.jpg
    PruneSide2.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 158
The leather isn't at all stiff. It's a thicker leather than the mercer triple c, but is really soft. It's similar to the LP Angie speedy. I like it for the many pockets and the leather is really durable. It doesn't scratch easily.

And more on the leather....it is not 'stiff' but not a smooth, slouchy leather either. It will not 'puddle' like some leathers but is buttery soft to the touch.

The size is perfect for most hobo lovers. You don't lose things in the bottom because of the scoop shape. And you can keep little things, like keys and your cell in the outside pockets for easy access

The Gaza hobo has amazing thick smooshy leather. It's been a few months since I've seen it on ebay (HH had them on sale around then)- but I'm sure they'll turn up. The purple you're referring to is called prune- they also came in bittersweet (dark rich brown), bark (orangy tan), fir (forest green), and taupe. Are you just looking for the prune?