Hayden-Harnett Fall Preview?

Yeah - funtabif has a bad habit of advertising his/her Hayden-Harnett items as 'new in plastic' - I sent him/her an e-mail about it. Sheesh. The indignity. I'm staying away from that seller - just a bit odd. IMO.

Typo..i was careless with the standard listing and didnt delete that. Actually some bags did come in plastic. At one point a while back I ordered wholesale from them 20-30 bags. Some came in plastic, most didnt, some had tags, a few did not.

I remembered your email, and although the majority did not come in bags, I thought the better of it and changed the listing. In fact, I thanked you for your email.

Thanks Jandelivs! It is a great bag and it is simply scrumptious in bittersweet. I can only imagine how fabulous it would be in prune. BTW, I did see a Gaza Luxe in prune pop up on e-bay this morning for $299. The only problem: brand new seller with 0 feedback. Here is the link though:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hayden-Harnett-...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In regards to this, I wrote quite a lengthy explanation in regard to my low feedback and noted that I had sold for many years. I think its a little harsh to tarnish someones rep on here especially using their specific ebay name, without knowing the details. All you had to do was ask on either listing and I would have answered in complete detail as I always do

Lastly, I have this same bag that I use for myself. My avatar is the same pic as on the listings. I love the bag.

If anyone would like to question me on my ethics, my honesty, the auctions, or anything else, please PM me before jumping to conclusions and tarnishing my (or anyone elses) seller ID on this forum or any others. I am an honest and straightforward seller; sure I made a mistake about saying I only had one but if thats a big deal, I apologize.

Seriously, use the "ask seller a question" form before making rash assumptions

Again, PM me if you'd like. I will answer quickly and as thoroughly as possible

foxi! Too cool! I am glad you are a tPF member - shoulda said something when I e-mailed you about the plastic issue on HH bags!

Surely you can understand some of our concerns since eBay has gotten to be such a strange place ... I'm sure no slight was intended; anything a little out of the ordinary makes some people nervous, and for me - enough to keep me away from your auctions. But YOU are HERE, and now you are even more a 'real person' who is addicted to handbags just like we are, and that's a great thing!

If we hadn't used your eBay id you'd have never known and wouldn't have spoken up - and we would have kept on wondering about 'that particular eBay seller'. After all - you DO have Hayden-Harnett bags, and this is the place to find out about those!:yes:

Lastly, I have this same bag that I use for myself. My avatar is the same pic as on the listings. I love the bag.

If anyone would like to question me on my ethics, my honesty, the auctions, or anything else, please PM me before jumping to conclusions and tarnishing my (or anyone elses) seller ID on this forum or any others. I am an honest and straightforward seller; sure I made a mistake about saying I only had one but if thats a big deal, I apologize.

Seriously, use the "ask seller a question" form before making rash assumptions

Again, PM me if you'd like. I will answer quickly and as thoroughly as possible

Hi foxiyellow - i certainly didn't intend any personal slight and apologize if it was received that way... as indiaink alluded to, many of us have a love-hate relationship with eBay - having found great treasures and also been scammed out of not insignificant amounts of money and worst of all, dealing with the stress when transactions do go wrong. you obviously know what i'm talking about! we're all on the lookout for those great treasures and helping each other avoid landmines. i'm glad you're here now to vouch for your auctions because you've had some terrific inventory! welcome!

In regards to this, I wrote quite a lengthy explanation in regard to my low feedback and noted that I had sold for many years. I think its a little harsh to tarnish someones rep on here especially using their specific ebay name, without knowing the details. All you had to do was ask on either listing and I would have answered in complete detail as I always do

Hi foxiyellow, it's great that you are here on tPF. So many of us love HH bags!

I think you can appreciate that a new seller with low or zero feedback is always going to be subject to greater scrutiny. Even a detailed, lengthy explanation won't be enough for some people. Over the years, I've read many explanations from sellers as to why why they needed to open a new sellers account and why they have low feedback. Some are quite legitimate (like yours, I'm sure) but others aren't. Until a seller build up a new reputation under their new seller id, I think they'll see less activity on their items and fewer bids. It may not be fair to legitimate sellers, but it is how it works.

All good ladies, all good. Thank you for your kind responses. I guess life could def be worse than having a stash of MBMJ and Hayden Harnett bags taking up space in a spare bedroom. Considering they are my two favorite brands...I get happy just looking at all the colors and feeling the soft leathers. Sheesh...they used to be in the living room. Did any of you see the pic I had posted a few months ago? If not I will post it again...good for some laughs!

Well, I feel very anti-Ebay at the moment and for the time being I think Im going to stay away from their site altogether in regard to selling and buying. I really need to focus on school anyways...as many of you prolly know, selling on Ebay can be quite time consuming..to the point where its almost a full time job. Im graduating soon and need to get the best grades possible, so its really time for me to buckle down for when school starts next month. For storage, I thought about putting each bag in their respective dustbags and then into boxes, and then stacked neatly on shelves...do you all think that is sufficiently safe storage...at least for a semester while I am at school? Or perhaps there is a better storage method for a large number of bags that you guys can recommend?

Anyhow, thank you in advance.

Attachments

• l_a436c8b6886a8b5ec556c5b1f0eeedad.jpg
    l_a436c8b6886a8b5ec556c5b1f0eeedad.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 97
Holy Cow Foxiyellow! That's quite some storage room and inventory you have. I understand that if you are a student, it must be easier to list and sell over the summer, but you might want to hold off until Fall. Over on the e-bay forum there has been chat about how prices/activity have been lower this summer. It seems to be a seasonal thing. If you can find the time to list in the Fall, then you might get much better prices. Though if you have some bags that are clearly spring/summer colors, you might want to list now.

I think your idea of storing them neatly in their dust bags and then in boxes is a good one. Perhaps, put the ones you are going to sell in a correctly sized shipping box so that you don't have to do that down the road.

I can't wait until HH has their Fall collection online - at least to view - if I can't have an Inka in a different color, I think I'm leaning toward the Hudson Hobo in persian rose - how lovely is that color!!! After using and enjoying the Havana Hobo, I think I'd really like the size of the Hudson after all!