Hawaiian Theme Party

Nectarine25

Growing my herd
O.G.
Jan 31, 2006
I'm going to this Hawaii -themed party on next Wednesday, and I started the clothing obsessing early :amuse:

I have absolutely no idea what to wear :wondering I thought a lei would be nice...other than that clueless... I even tried to google but grass skirt isn't really an option when it's 0 degrees celsius out there. The party is inside though, even Finns aren't that crazy :lol:

Any ideas? What would you wear to a Hawaiian theme party?

Aloha! Knowing you won't have access to stuff so readily available here, maybe one of these could work:

- Aloha shirt you can tie at the waist
- Even a strip of fabric you can tie creatively like a sarong. See this website:
http://www.hilohatties.com/items.cfm?catid=18&objectgroup_id=497
- Sunglasses
- Slippers/flip flops
- Even you can't find a lei, a small silk flower behind one ear always looks nice. Also, in Hawaii, local lore goes that a flower behind your left ear means taken, and a flower behind the right indicates available :lol:

Sounds fun! Finland is very far from Hawaii!!

favoritethingshawaii said:
Aloha! Knowing you won't have access to stuff so readily available here, maybe one of these could work:

- Aloha shirt you can tie at the waist
- Even a strip of fabric you can tie creatively like a sarong. See this website:
http://www.hilohatties.com/items.cfm?catid=18&objectgroup_id=497
- Sunglasses
- Slippers/flip flops
- Even you can't find a lei, a small silk flower behind one ear always looks nice. Also, in Hawaii, local lore goes that a flower behind your left ear means taken, and a flower behind the right indicates available :lol:

Sounds fun! Finland is very far from Hawaii!!

agreed, and OMFG bleh to Hilo Hattie, the stuff in there is hideous but oh so stereotypically hawaii!:lol:

Oh, thank you so very much ladies! :love: yall

I'm excited, it's such fun to have a Hawaii party when it's freezing cold :lol: It makes me feel like the summer is getting closer.

I got tons of ideas from you. And everyday you learn something new - now I can tie different kind of pareau styles :smile: I have to raid my closet tomorrow and see what suitable I find!

I'll let you know! And keep 'em coming ;)

If you have a Roxy/Quiksilver nearby, it might be worth checking that out (as well as similar surf themed brands) for cute tshirts, or a skirt.