Travel Hawaii suggestions for a weak swimmer?

I've been to Maui in December and they still offer plenty of tours.

I am a weak swimmer as well and I feel most comfortable booking a kayak/snorkel tour. You can opt to keep your life vest on when you snorkel. I always do. The advantage of snorkeling this way is that you have someone supervising your group and they take you into deeper waters, sometimes only accessible by kayak.

I've been to Maui in December and they still offer plenty of tours.

I am a weak swimmer as well and I feel most comfortable booking a kayak/snorkel tour. You can opt to keep your life vest on when you snorkel. I always do. The advantage of snorkeling this way is that you have someone supervising your group and they take you into deeper waters, sometimes only accessible by kayak.

I think I'll pick up a life vest when I'm down there. I don't know if I am up for a tour though. I think snorkling would be more of a one day thing.

I'm heading there in Dec as well - cheap eats recommendations please!

onesmallchimera - I really recommend Alan Wong's, a little out of the way though.

Lahaina has a Ruth's Chris and a Melting Pot. I've also heard good things about
David Paul's.
Gazebo Restaurant for breakfast.

Are you willing to leave Lahaina?
Mama's Fish House towards Hana is AMAZING and is on the beautiful north shore on the beach.
The Four Seasons in Wailea has Spago and the service is impeccable, call ahead and you can watch sunset :love:

Sorry! Just Honolulu and Waikiki area :smile: I have some local favorites but love to hear others! I am a huge Hawaii fan ;)

Unfortunately, being a vegetarian in Hawaii is a lonely hearts club, so I don't have any recommendations. It's funny how limited you are there if you don't eat fish or spam. :P

I agree go to Hanauma Bay, I love watching the fishes swim by your legs =D and also, Swanky, I have pictures of me and hubby at the Four Seasons with the sunset as our background.. And also if you want to tan and relax, there's also Lanikai Beach in Kailua, very calm waves, actually, almost no waves at all and the water is azure and super clear. If you also want a great view of Diamond Head, go to Pali Point but warning, it's really windy. Pacific War Memorial has great views of Oahu too. Sorry, my post is quite off-topic though lol! It's far from swimming now :P Gosh, I miss Hawaii!

Last edited:
I agree go to Hanauma Bay, I love watching the fishes swim by your legs =D and also, Swanky, I have pictures of me and hubby at the Four Seasons with the sunset as our background.. And also if you want to tan and relax, there's also Lanikai Beach in Kailua, very calm waves, actually, almost no waves at all and the water is azure and super clear. If you also want a great view of Diamond Head, go to Pali Point but warning, it's really windy. Pacific War Memorial has great views of Oahu too. Sorry, my post is quite off-topic though lol! It's far from swimming now :P Gosh, I miss Hawaii!

I wish I could tan. :sad: I am very fair.