Hawaii Hotel

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Anyone ever stayed at Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Hawaii?
    Did you like it?
    Any other hotels you recommend, that are right on the beach?

2. Did you check TripAdvisor reviews? I haven't stayed at Outrigger Reef but I have stayed at:

- Halekulani: LOVED (one my favorite hotels ever)!!
    - Moana Surfrider: it was okay; location was great.
    - Kahala Hotel & Resort: it was okay; location is somewhat out-of-the-way.

3. Aloha,

I used to live in Honolulu, so I have not stayed there but it is a nice hotel, in the heart of the city so close to everything. If you definately want to stay near or in the city I would reccomend you check out the Hilton Hawaiian Village, it's in the same location but since it is such a big property once you are inside you feel like you escape from the city a bit. HTH

4. I didn't stay at the Reef but a condo next to it, which was serviced by Reef. I thought the concierge service at Reef was good and the location is really good. But from my condo, I could see some of the rooms and they looked to be on the small side.

All the hotels on Waikiki beach are supposed to be great, although my fave is Royal Hawaiian. I did not like Hilton Hawaiian Village exactly for the reason Raquelly stated but it's a really popular resort.

5. The outrigger is a nice chain, modestly priced & a good deal. Personally, as long as the rooms are clean & the beds are comfy, I don't spend a lot of time in the room or even on the property... i'm too busy shopping and sightseeing!

6. Wow i cant imagine anybody not liking the Hilton Hawaiian Village :amazed:

7. the royal hawaiian has just finished renovating and they have some great new restaurants in it. the halekulani is also one of my favorite hotels of all time.

there's also the hale koa which is nice and comfy but i think you have to be military to stay there..i think the rates are good if you are.

the outriggers are ok...the mariotts are ok too. they're clean and comfy but not luxury.

all of them are all in waikiki. how long are you staying for? hit me up if you need any other recos. i've lived in the islands my whole life..

8. the four seasons on lanai is pure heaven.

9. I like Hilton Hawaiian Village myself. My room had a fantastic view of Diamond Head. Service was great despite it being a very large hotel. It is at the far end of Waikiki beach but it is a short walk into the the main area of Honoulu. The Hilton may not be as luxurious as some other hotels but I thought it was a great value for the price with nice pools and a great beach.