Having trouble rocking the scarf look

Wow, thank you all for these ideas!

You're not going to believe this, but I felt self-conscious even when I tied the scarf small and close to the neck. I work with mostly engineers, so any attempt to go beyond the functional purpose of clothes sticks WAY out in this environment.

I'll keep trying, though. I love my scarves too much not to wear them every day!

I definitely emphathize. Maybe you could practice wearing your scarves away from work, then when you get comfortable, try one or two less-colorful ones in the office.

My stereotypical idea of engineers, though -- whether male or female -- is that they are so focused on their work that they would barely notice if you came in naked -- they'd only pay attention if you duct-taped some new gadget to your body. :P

I definitely emphathize. Maybe you could practice wearing your scarves away from work, then when you get comfortable, try one or two less-colorful ones in the office.

My stereotypical idea of engineers, though -- whether male or female -- is that they are so focused on their work that they would barely notice if you came in naked -- they'd only pay attention if you duct-taped some new gadget to your body. :P

It took my co-workers 2 months before they notice the scarf-change, they just commented you have been dressing different, yeah, after 2 mths. Yes, male-dominated environment. :roflmfao:

White button-down shirt, dark pants, and ballet flats? Check.

Scarf? Uh, not today. I had planned to wear my H en Bias scarf (white background with pink/green/orange mini-H's that match the highlighters in the office cabinet). But no matter how I tied it, I felt so self-conscious that I couldn't wear it comfortably. I think the collar on my shirt is throwing me off (can you tell that I still have no idea how to dress myself? Where's Stacy and ******* when you need them?).

So I gave up and tied the darn scarf on the handle of my (non-H) purse.

On a positive note, I tried the scarf-as-a-halter-top look. Whoa, LOVE it! I just wish I were 15 pounds lighter so it would look cuter!

Any tips on how to get over the self-consciousness? I'm always afraid of looking like I'm trying too hard and not succeeding. I think it's like wearing a hat -- you need the right attitude, and I sure could use some 'tude right now!

:roflmfao: That is exactly how felt when I tried to wear my scarf the first time. I ended up wrapping it around the handle of my Balenciaga!
These tips are wonderful!