Having surgery - Now recovering!

I am such a HUGE advocate of monthly self exams. That is how I found this! It was kinda funny, because when I found it the Dr's assured me it was a cyst. Then I had an ultrasound done and they said, we are shocked but it is a tumor. Then I had a biopsy.

It stayed the exact same for 4 years. But this year it changed - and I monitored it myself and alerted the Dr's. They said it was really important that I did because a fast growing tumor can be very problematic.

So yes, monthly self exams at the same time of the month and mammograms if needed are so important :smile:

I've had my tumor for 2 years now and it's stayed the same. I was just cleared from the doctor and was told I won't need any more ultra-sounds/mammograms until I'm 34. I thought I was in the clear being that it hasn't changed in 2 years. Hearing that yours changed after 4 years will put me on alert and I will make sure to check it myself every month.

Best wishes, Megs! You're a smart gal to be checking yourself out like that. Good luck and take care! I hope you recover quickly and can get that shopping done. ;)

I'm glad you're having it taken care of and hopefully won't need to be concerned anymore. You are in my prayers for a smooth surgery and uneventful recovery.

Take good care of her, Vlad! :flowers:

Megs -- sorry to hear about this, I know first hand that surgery isn't fun, but I am glad that you are getting the care that you need and no further worry will be needed! Best wishes for a speedy recovery.