Having second thoughts on this gorgeous wallet

1. The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2019 is now open to the public! Please support TPF by using this link before shopping the sale.
    We're also giving away six more $200 gift cards during the duration of the NAS! Find out more...
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I currently have a New Medium Black Patent Boy Bag with GHW, and I'm in need of a wallet. Originally I was just going to go for a card case with caviar leather and GHW, but I'm a sucker for hot pink and patent, and ended up buying a Large Gusset Boy wallet. I love the contrast with my bag, and it's large enough to hold my phone so I can use it as a mini clutch. My only issue is, I'm afraid of color transfer. I have another week to make my decision and I've been looking at large wallets online, but I'm not really seeing anything I love as much. Does anybody have any suggestions for wallets, or should I just keep it and accept the fact that hot pink patent will show transfer marks?

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. I love this L-Gusset Boy Wallet. I have it in Metallic Blue and Lambskin Silver. I can use this size because I carry mostly New Medium Boys and CF Jumbos. I like the contrast of color too with your Black Boy. I see no reason why you can't avoid color transfer on your wallet if you're just a bit careful. So far, I have never had any color transfer on any of my patent handbags or wallets.
    The first wallet I bought though was black. I basically have black wallets in small, medium & large in different materials & prints (think Camellia). It was quite a few years before I ventured into bright colored wallets. Sorry for being so long winded! :P

itsferlove likes this.
  3. you always take a risk with patent but i think if you love this wallet, then keep it. with card holders, smaller wallets and keypouches, i think a bright patent SLG is so much fun!!! you can also think of it this way.... it won't hurt as much if you get color transfer on a smaller item rather than a jumbo that costs close to 6K!!! ;) plus you only have this one life to live and if you can afford luxury items then WHY NOT?!?!?!! (i know, i'm the worst enabler!! haha)

itsferlove likes this.
  4. Honestly, that wallet is GORGEOUS and just makes me smile every time I look at it! I, on the other hand, have some crazy OCD about carrying a black wallet. I purchased a Chanel black lambskin zip-around wallet yesterday to be carried in both a black jumbo cf and a soon to arrive silver jumbo cf. I had this very conversation with my SA because I was considering adding a Chanel red lambskin pouch. My SA was straightforward with me that I should probably expect color transfer from BOTH the red and the black lamb SLGs in the silver cf. After thinking about it, I decided I was OK with some black color transfer in the silver cf, however, the possibility of red (oddly making me think of blood for some random reason) I knew, "um, no! that will not work for me!" In turn I decided to order a black lamb pouch. Yes, my bag will he very boring inside now, but my OCD will be content. The wallet you are considering, however, is 1) SUCH a beautiful color and 2) may not be a color you can find again so easily, 3) not to mention black Chanel wallets are pretty much always available. At end of the day, a little color transfer of that pretty pink may not bother you so much? It surely does not remind me of blood, like my little dark red lamb pouch did.:nuts: Hopefully that helps some.:smile: And if you are mindful of making sure you don't leave that PRETTY PINK patent out in a warm/hot place, it may not transfer as much as one might imagine, if at all. I am less familiar with patent, but do know that it can be heat sensitIve. Good luck with your decision and let us know what you decide...:girlsigh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice