Having second thoughts about paying FP for Sabrina, WWYD??

mrose75

O.G.
Jul 21, 2007
I'm having second thoughts about paying full price for my cherry sabrina. I do love her but she's sitting here with her tags still on because it would kill me if I took them off and then someone found her at the outlet for half off or something. What would you do, I just payed $530 with tax for her?

It would kill me too...but then again death would be imminent just by owning the bag and not carrying her!!! I'm a bargain shopper so it probably just depends on how much you love her!!!

Honestly I think she is worth the money. It doesn't seem like they are going to go to the outlets anytime soon and even when they show up they have scratches or they aren't in perfect condition. Is there any way you can buy it on PCE?

You could always watch the listing for the large cherry on the bay the next few days. No bidders with two days and a starting bid of $388. It might be worth it to buy that one and return the one you have.

I would keep it, I have bought 2 Sabrina's(Steel and the black leather w/silver hardware) since Nov. it killed me but I loved it and just knowing I got the one I really wanted is what made me just rip those tags off so there was no turning back!!!!

If there is a PCE coming you could always save it and get a price adjustment.. that will help a little. I paid full price for my black and my teal ( on ebay, with the shipping it was pretty much FP) I don't regret it, I love the bags.

Honestly I think she is worth the money. It doesn't seem like they are going to go to the outlets anytime soon and even when they show up they have scratches or they aren't in perfect condition. Is there any way you can buy it on PCE?

Thank ladies, I'm just not sure what I should do.

LuxeBagLove and Taralindsey....I've never gotten a PCE card before so it would shock me if I did anytime soon, although it would be nice. :smile:

If it were me, I'd keep the tags on and just admire her at home until I locate one at the outlet and then take the FP bag back.

In my case, FP turns me off completely and I take my chances locating them when there are sales. I've been pretty lucky getting the bags I love except for the large all leather Bleecker Duffles, but I don't feel too badly because I have fallen in love with an even 'better' (in my case) bag: the XL Zoe!

I'm probably not that helpful because I don't own a Sabrina or :heart: it that much to get one--unless it's marked down to clearance prices at the outlet. Then maybe ...

If it were me, I'd keep the tags on and just admire her at home until I locate one at the outlet and then take the FP bag back.

In my case, FP turns me off completely and I take my chances locating them when there are sales. I've been pretty lucky getting the bags I love except for the large all leather Bleecker Duffles, but I don't feel too badly because I have fallen in love with an even 'better' (in my case) bag: the XL Zoe!

I'm probably not that helpful because I don't own a Sabrina or :heart: it that much to get one--unless it's marked down to clearance prices at the outlet. Then maybe ...

I don't usually buy at the boutiques, most of the time I just try and find the FP price bags at the outlet so bear with me but what is the return policy at the FP store? It's not 30 days??

I don't usually buy at the boutiques, most of the time I just try and find the FP price bags at the outlet so bear with me but what is the return policy at the FP store? It's not 30 days??

From what I read here on tPF Coach subforum, as long as you have the original receipt and keep the tags on the bag and it's stored and looks pristine, you can return it for a full refund days, months, or heaven forbid, years after your purchase. I don't know how long they will keep this policy going but it's the current Coach policy now. Myself, I've returned about 3 Coach bags I changed my mind on (one to a boutique and two to a department store) within a few hours, days, and weeks.

So, you can hang onto your current bag until you see it at an outlet and then return yours to the boutique at your earliest convenience. But, once you've snip the tags off and start using it, you're stuck with that bag.

Last edited:
It would kill me too...but then again death would be imminent just by owning the bag and not carrying her!!! I'm a bargain shopper so it probably just depends on how much you love her!!!

Yup! This is me too!!

If it's truly important to you, then the fact they show up later at a much lower price is a bit less of a sting, and you can probably deal with it better. If it's not that important, then the anger is much worse I find.

I also always find it SOOO hard to hold on to something unused. I have a bag like that now, so once I get the PCE adjustment, I will rip the tags off and use it. I think I have little patience when I get a new bag...it's SOOO hard for me to know I can only fondle it but can't carry it!! :P

^ITA with Baglady39^ ripping off the tags is the scariest part!!! It means commitment. That's probably why I'm not married yet, eh? ;)

Yeah, getting price burned can really raise the blood pressure :cursing:! I find that tPF is preventative medicine (and emotional soothing balm) for me for such burns. It's enabling because I discover so many great new styles and yet it prevents me from heading to the retail store because so many other Coachies scored such great deals at the outlets--that's why I don't think it's fair for me to pay FP and so I don't buy. So far this place has kept me patient and as cool as a cucumber to wait for the deals to roll by. :rolleyes:

I guess that makes me a proverbial Coach 'vulture.' -- just wait until the feeding frenzy is over and then pick through the bones for any meaty nuggets left. And I do get some really nice pieces from waiting. In the meantime, I am soaring above and circling until it's time to touch down. Luckily, the wait is not that long.

Ninety-nine point nine nine nine percent of the time I've purchased well because of tPF. :tup::nuts::yahoo:

Last edited: