Having problem and cannot reach the seller

that's so true... so if she's not refunding me really soon I propably should file a claim!

Oh no what a mess... and my BF has to wake up early in the morning (it's night here) and now he's mad at me as he cant sleep even I'm in another room.. I need to stop now because of him (even I'm sure I cant sleep bc this mess bothers me), but I will check back in 5 hours here... and if I'm lucky she has refunded me by then..?

Thanks again ladies, youre angels!:flowers:

Huh I slept a little while and now that I woke I've received several messages from seller - she now suddenly got all my ebay messages first time.

i just now got your messages --this is the first day that i got any of them and i got the bag back today. i will refund all of your money to you and i think i can get my money back from the post office since it did not make it to its destination. i will let you know if i can get my money back on the shipping cost but if not you said you wanted to pay for it. how do you want me to refund your money--a cashier's check or just put it back on your paypal account? just let me know. i'm glad that i finally got a hold of you. thanks xxxxx

Please let me know that you are getting these messages. i am very sorry i haven't received your messages and i am not trying to steal your money. i want to give a full refund and tomorrow i will find out at the post office if i can get a refund on the shipping cost. please let me know how you want your refund, cashier's check or do you want me to put it back on your paypal account? please don't file a claim with paypal i want to give your money back i just had no idea what was going on until today. just keep me posted and i will be sending a refund to you very soon. also if you need to call me my number is xxxxxxxxxxx. that was my boyfriend that you talked to earlier and he relayed the message to me later. thanks xxxxx

The phone number she gave me here is the same her boyfriend gave me but when I tried to call there it was invalid number that time..??

hi--i know i have sent you several emails today. i know that you were talking about a partial refund and i was wondering why you kept saying partial refund i was going to go ahead and give you a full refund--then i figured it out you wanted to pay for all costs that i entailed with the purse. you have to forgive my mind is not working today :smile: like i said previously i will see if the post office will give me a refund for the shipping if not would it be alright to take it out of the cost of the purse and also the paypal and ebay fees that they took out when i listed the bag? i know that the shipping is 46.00 but i will have to go back and look at the cost of the fees--it shouldn't be that much. would that be okay with you if i took that out of the cost of the bag? thanks xxxxx

I guess things look promising now, sent her a message thru ebay and told I'm ok with partial refund (with paypal) and she can leave all the costs to me - I think that's fair as after all I'm the one who should have known about laws here. I wanted to try to call her again (and see if the phone number still says it's invalid number) but it's almost midnight there so I'm hoping she this time got my ebay message.... and will refund me. I think I'm waiting until there's morning in her location and if I wont hear anything back then, then I must again make some phone calls.

Thanks ladies again for all the help, I will keep you updated how things go, wish me luck!

The comminucation problems between me and the seller are over for now:tup:

I suggested refund for $950 (paid $1050) because I want to cover her costs, she wanted to refund all but I think it's fair to come in the half way as she did her job well with shipping the bag fastly here, and the bag itself was gorgeous. Just got this message;

hi sonja--
i will be sending you a refund for 950$ through paypal. i have emptied out my paypal account so it may take a couple of days for you to receive it. but i promise you will get it don't worry. thanks xxxx

I think it sounds reasonable, so I responded it's ok.. did I do right as she seems trustworthy..?

Just keep your eyes out for the money. If she doesn't have it then she might need to re-sell the bag to make it back. Make sure you don't miss the time window for Paypal claims while waiting (45 days?). And keep all her emails!
And I think as a seller she should have been checking where she was allowed to sell her item, and when she mailed it the forms she filled for customs might have mentioned something. So I don't think it's 100% your fault.

I think this seller is very responsible. It does take 4 - 5 days to retrieve money from bank to PayPal so she could refund you. The seller could claim the final fee back from eBay for incomplete transaction. Her cost would be the listing fee only. That is very kind of you asking for partial refund, and she is a very understanding seller for accepting returns. Once you receive the refund, you could leave her a good feedback.

I'll defenitely leave her positive feedback if she refunds as promised, good to hear it sounds normal it might take some days to retrieve money :yes:

I'm trusting her now but I'll keep my eyes open:tup:

Whew...that would have scared the heck out of me. It's nice to see e-bay sellers and buyers working together when something strange like this happens. I also bought a silverado from a seller who contacted me after her sale fell through and I sent her $1000. thru Paypal. Only afterwards did I see she only had $200. buyer protection thru Paypal...Yikes! Luckily it worked out, I got the bag and it is authentic. I e-mailed her thanking her after I got it and never heard a word back. She is a tPF'r though so at least I had that!

jmcadon I'm so jealous of your silverado, it's gorgeous!:girlsigh:

Good news everyone! Got the refund I and I have to say that after all the seller has been really nice and understanding with me. I left her positive feedback and I'm hoping she gets the bag re-sold soon!:tup:

Thanks everyone for all the support and help you gave me, you're all the best!:heart::flowers: