Having a purchase panic!!

Clairemumof3

Jan 3, 2014
Decided I just had to have an Alexa after being undecided as I hated my OS one. Went to SM yesterday all the woven trim gone (wanted berry) didn't like very few other colours. A group of gorgeous 25 year olds came in all with Alexa's and I thought I'm too old so that was that.

Then this morning I bought a slate blue one :smile: and now worried I'll look too mumsy/mutton for it? I wear smart Hobbs/Reiss stuff for work but this is jeans/boots/wax jacket/crazy hair pram pushing on the school run. Am I kidding myself :sad:

You are not your outsides.
You are the the love for your family & friends, your hopes & dreams, the words which flow from your beautiful soul.
You are the inside, ageless & shining.

I suggest chocolate & a nap. That refocusses my thoughts nicely.

Hi Claire

First things first:
- Do you love the colour?
- do you love the style?

I bought a slate blue bays a while back and couldn't put my finger in why I wasn't thrilled. I thought long and hard and returned it with no regrets. Now with reflection I think I need a bag that's light, neutral coloured and can be thrown over my shoulder. I've since bought an east west bays and love it.

If the only reason you are concerned is how you think other people will view it then the answer is envy :P:biggrin::smile: I'm 34 and have never worried the alexa is too young for me as it's a classic style, perfect for a busy lifestyle and mine is my workhorse bag.

If it's not right for you that's one thing but never worry that it's not right for other people :hugs:

I have never seen an alexa on anyone that didn't suit them. I think it's a lovely timeless bag. I love that about the alexa. I think that in twenty years time if well loved after it will still suit everone who has one. It can be casual and smart. I think that's why they are so popular GP x

<sniff> thank you ladies for such kind words!! I've list my way a bit style wise since having last baby, work is easy to dress for but non work I've slid into 'practical' far too much. I lost the sight in one eye and small amount left in my other eye so contacts lenses and any make up other than lip gloss gone, can't even do eyebrows which instantly made me feel groomed.

Most of my bags have nickel/silver hardware so this colour really appealed to me and I think it would maybe help me smarten myself up again. Gives me a sort of 'spring in my step' you know that feeling a lovely bag gives you :smile: kicking myself fir not buying the pavement grey in the sale after seeing tge lovely Patti's pics!

Hopefully will be a good choice will be here tues...may dress up and do some mod shots when she's here...

Thank you again ladies for such lovely reassurance :smile:

<sniff> thank you ladies for such kind words!! I've list my way a bit style wise since having last baby, work is easy to dress for but non work I've slid into 'practical' far too much. I lost the sight in one eye and small amount left in my other eye so contacts lenses and any make up other than lip gloss gone, can't even do eyebrows which instantly made me feel groomed.

Most of my bags have nickel/silver hardware so this colour really appealed to me and I think it would maybe help me smarten myself up again. Gives me a sort of 'spring in my step' you know that feeling a lovely bag gives you :smile: kicking myself fir not buying the pavement grey in the sale after seeing tge lovely Patti's pics!

Hopefully will be a good choice will be here tues...may dress up and do some mod shots when she's here...

Thank you again ladies for such lovely reassurance :smile:

Sorry to hear about your eyesight. I'm sure you look lovely, :hugs:, we all have our own style and ways to make our Mulberries work.
Looking forward to seeing your reveal

May I ask where you brought your slate blue from and what colours they had in sm yesterday? I'm after an Alexa to go with my sloppy jeans and crazy pram hair, to hell with what anyone else think!

Don't be daft, you are not too old for an Alexa!!!!! I mean that in the nicest way :smile:
I have one and I'm a lot older than you (I'm that old I'm in the fiftyish club lol)
To me they are ageless, as are most Mulberry bags
Enjoy your new bag when it arrives and wear it with pride;)
Don't forget to do a reveal as it sounds wonderful and is a cert to make you feel good again
Take care x

I think one of the most wonderful things about the Alexa style is that it suits all ages. Really, the most important thing when dressing is having confidence and a smile. Some of the most stylish women I know don't fit the traditional twenty something template but they are head turners nonetheless and it comes down to the fact that they are comfortable in their own skin.

I'm sure you have a lot of wonderful attributes inside that will show themselves if only you only could see them. We are often so critical of ourselves and our friends and family see us far more kindly. I think this Alexa will be gorgeous on you so enjoy it!

Hi Claire, I think that Lexy is a timeless, ageless bag imho, and can be worn by anyone; it's all a matter of attitude! Enjoy the fact that you're carrying a fabulous bag and walk that bit taller; CP gave me that advice, when I dithered over a Bayswater, and she's so right! I'm 50 next year and have two silky snake Lexy beauties (nightshade and pebbled beige), an oversized oak and my gorgeous Teddy (covered with over 80 teddy bear heads!) which is a quirky bag if anything is!

I'm sure you will look amazing with your Lexy; hoping to see a reveal soon? Carry her with pride! :smile:

You are all such lovely supportive ladies :smile: I am very lucky that my children are young so they still think I am the best thing ever, they are more than I could ever have dreamed for :smile: wait until they are stroppy teenagers :smile:

There were very few at SM Mrs H they had pink regular and OS, green, yellow and a silky snake and (not sure of the term) hairy one a furry goatskin is it? Oh and a zig zag, normally they have lots of choice :sad:

I bought a pre-loved one from eBay, seller could not have been more helpful. We go to Cornwall next week and I'm not taking my so z big pram and have bought a little maclaren buggy in denim literally like jeans even with a stitched pocket and thought it would go nicely ;). I have a large ink Antony and a petrol Daria hobo both of which I love so hope I will love this slate colour just as much.

Going to take myself in hand and smarten up my act <looks down at youngest sat on my lap covered in yoghurt> will definately do a reveal then :smile: