Having a problem with an ebay seller over damaged shoes. Please help

As I said IMO stickers and such don't equal damage, but that if the OP did, fine.
I also said I did not excuse the seller's unprofessional correspondence.

I"m guessing she'll wait to the last minute to respond to the case. She should have disclosed all flaws in her listing on ebay the fact that she cropped the pic to make the flaws unknown is shady. Theirs nothing wrong with buying stuff from NM last call or Nordie rack and reselling it but they should note any and every flaw. I'm sure the marks on the bottom of the shoe wouldn't bother most people but it could bother some are not a small thing that she could have missed it's very noticeable. The email she sent you was very childish and rude I wouldn't waste any time replying too it and keep all contact threw the paypal since it wasn't a ebay transaction. I'm guessing she knows she's in the wrong that's why she's trying to guilt you I think she's trying to make you feel bad in hopes you'll drop the case so she won't have to refund your money. Stick to your guns and get your money back.

I"m guessing she'll wait to the last minute to respond to the case. She should have disclosed all flaws in her listing on ebay the fact that she cropped the pic to make the flaws unknown is shady. Theirs nothing wrong with buying stuff from NM last call or Nordie rack and reselling it but they should note any and every flaw. I'm sure the marks on the bottom of the shoe wouldn't bother most people but it could bother some are not a small thing that she could have missed it's very noticeable. The email she sent you was very childish and rude I wouldn't waste any time replying too it and keep all contact threw the paypal since it wasn't a ebay transaction. I'm guessing she knows she's in the wrong that's why she's trying to guilt you I think she's trying to make you feel bad in hopes you'll drop the case so she won't have to refund your money. Stick to your guns and get your money back.

Agree.. seller should have disclosed all flaws but the fact that she didn't
certainly is very telling and buying a shoe with stickers, markings,
etc, wouldn't sit well with me either.. the seller is also behaving in a very
unprofessional manner...

There have been threads on this subject before. Deeply discounted items are often marked in some permanent fashion to prevent a return. There is a variety of ways of doing this but the end result is the same - it cannot be removed or cut off like a price tag.

Pretty much everybody agrees that this should be disclosed by the seller. I think the OP is well within her rights not to be happy and to file a claim. It is particularly annoying that the seller "hid" the markings by the way she photographed the shoes. And if something is described as NIB, the buyer shouldn't have to ask for photos of the soles. NIB assumes soles that are pristine or close to pristine.

OP, she was sneaky about the way she listed the item. Don't let her make you feel badly about filing a claim.

There have been threads on this subject before. Deeply discounted items are often marked in some permanent fashion to prevent a return. There is a variety of ways of doing this but the end result is the same - it cannot be removed or cut off like a price tag.

Pretty much everybody agrees that this should be disclosed by the seller. I think the OP is well within her rights not to be happy and to file a claim. It is particularly annoying that the seller "hid" the markings by the way she photographed the shoes. And if something is described as NIB, the buyer shouldn't have to ask for photos of the soles. NIB assumes pristine soles.

OP, she was sneaky about the way she listed the item. Don't let her make you feel badly about filing a claim.

Exactly.... BNIB means brand new! in box!! with no markings/stickers anywhere
on the shoe.. insole or sole....

Seller was deceptive... no if and or buts about that ..

OP is well within her rights about feeling the way she does... the seller
didn't show the "soles" for a reason....she was hiding something...

Perhaps the seller has put her items on a vacation hold until just after Christmas. I know of several sellers who have shut down their stores for now.

Ok, A few points here. I love Chanel bags . When Chanel sells older stock at such stores , they use a red pen mark through the Chanel label to prevent returns and most honest sellers would list that and show pics of it. This is the same thing. I would also not buy an item like that.

One time I was in a meeting at work and a girl came up to me and said. You are too pretty to have your tag on the bottom of your shoes. I had forgot to take a sticker off. She was being nice and telling me that does not look professional , At all. LOL. Lesson learned. Details matter . Yes people notice. I notice. I am paying for the nice sueded leather that Manolo uses on his bottoms. That is not BNIB. I would NEVER sell shoes like that and list as such. When you are sitting and crossing your legs people see the bottom of your shoes. Even if they did not. It still botters me. I didn't think to ask a seller that listed shoes as BNIB and had a bottom of the shoe pic, yes was cropped. But who knew she cropped it. I thought the pic was to show the Size and branding .

Thanks people that do understand this. So far . no response from seller.

Exactly.... BNIB means brand new! in box!! with no markings/stickers anywhere
on the shoe.. insole or sole....

I am paying for the nice sueded leather that Manolo uses on his bottoms. That is not BNIB. I would NEVER sell shoes like that and list as such.
Just because the shoes had markings on the bottom doesn't mean that they weren't "BNIB."

"Brand new in box" means that they shoes haven't ever been used or worn (and there seems to be no indication that they were used) and that they are in their box (which it seems they were).

So being described as BNIB is accurate.

I'm not defending a seller who didn't show or mention permanent marks on the soles. But the marks aren't a "defect" nor do they make the shoes anything other than "new."

I'm with Poopsie on this one. I walk on the soles of shoes and chances are, before long the writing and stickers will have been replaced by the scuffing of the city streets so to me, the soles aren't a huge deal and don't constitute damage.

The permanent nature of the markings does constitute non-disclosure, though.

I purchased a pair of flats from a seller. I paid her direct to paypal . In her listing and pics, there is no mention of the bottom of the shoes being marked up. They were listed BNIB and all pics looked great .

I got the shoes and there are stickers and red , silver and black markers on the leather sole. On both shoes. Permanate marker.
There is one pic of bottom of the shoe the listing and she cropped it to not show the damage to the shoe.
I have emailed her and she says no one complains about the damage to the shoes and are happy. I am surprised at this. But ok.

I called around a few cobblers and to put leather soles on these shoes, it would be $40 and up. She had ignored me and I made a claim in paypal. I just want the shoes as I had expected them to be.
She then sent me an email saying I am a horrible person and she is a single mom and this is ruining her Holidays. She is a shoe reseller. This is not from her personal collection. She told me she got this from a NM last call and they marked them up. This was not mentioned in the listing at all. I would of never purchsed the shoes in this condition. I wish this info was disclosed before purchase.
Well , she is ignoring the claim on paypal and emailing me privately and asking me to wait, this is the holidays, single mom etc.
She has great feedback.
Is what I am asking for insane . I feel mislead in my purchase.

If she intentionally altered the picture of the item then e-bay will side with you and refund the money to your paypal account. Provide them with all details and send the e-mails she sent to you. They will put her account on notice. Three strikes and she's out, e-bay will yank her account.

They were bought off- Ebay. Ebay has nothing to do with it. Do you consider cropping to be altering as in photoshopping? I crop almost every picture I take. Are you saying that she wouldn't have to return the shoes----just get automatically refunded? :nogood:

Just because the shoes had markings on the bottom doesn't mean that they weren't "BNIB."

"Brand new in box" means that they shoes haven't ever been used or worn (and there seems to be no indication that they were used) and that they are in their box (which it seems they were).

I'm not defending a seller who didn't show or mention permanent marks on the soles. But the marks aren't a "defect" nor do they make the shoes anything other than "new."

I'm with Poopsie on this one. I walk on the soles of shoes and chances are, before long the writing and stickers will have been replaced by the scuffing of the city streets so to me, the soles aren't a huge deal and don't constitute damage.

:goodpost:

I strongly disagree that the marks are not a defect. If they were on the top of the shoe would you think they were a defect?
if so, because the bottom is all marked up, to me that is damage and also she knew it . Or she would post the whole pic of the bottom of the shoe.
So because I will maybe ruin the sole, it is not damage?
It is perm marker on a part of soft leather. It is damaged. The stores even have a name for such a process. Wanna know what it is called. "Damaging out an item " They do it to prevent returns for full price.
Regardless if it is damage or not. It should of been disclosed in the listing, ommiting it is misleading.

To me BNIB means how I would expect it to come from Manolo himself. No defects, markings , stickers, etc. These are not brand new in box. They are marked up new shoes in box.

To me BNIB means how I would expect it to come from Manolo himself. No defects, markings , stickers, etc. These are not brand new in box. They are marked up new shoes in box.

There have been many many threads on the definition of "new".

Literally, it means never used. But I agree that there is a reasonable expectation that, when a seller says "new", "NIB" or "BNIB" that there are not any undisclosed surprises.