having a CRISIS...

i would take it one bag at a time... my bf's mom loveees LV and i cant believe how different lv and balenciaga's are. besides being designer they're uncomparable IMO... not to say one is better than the other, it's all about your personality and what fits you. i have no doubt whatsoever that balenciaga's are the bag for me. i'm excited to use one of my bbags every single day.. i never get bored, ever ever :P

but like i said... one bag at a time is my advice. i wouldnt buy 10 within a month.. i've gotten mine over a spread of about 8 or so months. take is slow :yes: jmo.

When I first came to TPF I noticed these leather bags in some people's avatar or signature and then I found out they were Balenciaga's- started silently hanging around the Bal forum and fell in love with the Giant Hardware- thank you *Cracker*- lol~ her vert gazon PT/City (can't remember which one) got me hooked majorly!!!!!!!!!

I was in MAD love with LV's, bought so many my head could spin- sold all of them to get to Balenciaga------and the moment I got it I felt a little resentment b/c NOBODY knew what I carried in my town- no love for the bbags in Fairbanks. So- I sold and went back to LV for just a tiny swing- realized that I LOVE leather that Bal produces and have been back to Bal for a while now ((((((NVM my Chanel----every girl needs a Chanel!))))))))

totally go for it- it's something you won't regret!!

I was a huge Prada fan sometime ago. I still have a number of the abused bags. One particular bag is the extra large flat messenger which was once de riguer. The rest are boring purse but still sentimental so I kept them till today. Then there was a period of LV love for me but when I started to get distracted I sold a few away. I also have a couple of gucci & anya hindmarch bags now but since I purchased my first Balenciaga bag(a few weeks ago), I think I don't want to keep all my other bags. I am ruthless when I want to de-clutter so I will let them all go. I think the Bbag bandwagon is really worrying...but in a very nice way I must add!!! :party:

Well welcome to the bal section and hang around here more often! :smile:
It's great that you're falling in love with Bal.. after you hang around here a bit you'll probably have amassed a decent sized collection. If you had to sell off your LVs to fund Bbags then sell those you don't really use/like anymore. You can still keep the pieces you love and use. And even if you got "over" Bal and ventured somewhere else for e.g. Gucci, Chanel or Hermes.. why does that matter? It's part of the fun, you don't need to just have all bags from one brand at any one time.

I was originally into Coach and then last summer found a Chloe paddington on sale and was hooked! Then I realized my shoulders hurt, so I realized I needed some Balenciaga and haven't looked back. I still have my other bags, just in case i get bored, but that hasn't happened yet, and they are soooo lightweight you just grab it before anything else. It's effortless Chic!
Beware, it is very addicting and one never seems like enough....

Maybe sell a few LVs and get a few Bbags? Rushing into a 20-something Bbag collection might cause some buyer's remorse later... Getting just a few bags might also help you if your tastes change later down the road, so you won't be faced with the same situation.

I think you should indulge the Bal obsession for awhile :graucho:!! I have always loved fashion, bags, shoes, etc. and am a fan of many other designers, but nothing has ever hit me like Bal!!! I know that the lust may eventually fade over the years, but I really can't imagine "moving on" to something else - not that I plan to always be entirely faithful to Bal, as I do still love Celine, Chloe, etc. but overall nothing really compares to Bal!!!

Very true , there is just smth about Bal.

I was an LV girl too (hence my member name) when I first joined TPF but since purchasing my first Bbag back in Aug. 07, I have since sold all my LV's, with the exception of my Speedy 25, and am now a full-fledged Bbag gal. Sometimes I look at my Speedy and go "YAWN" and want to sell that one too but that was my first LV and a birthday gift from DH so it has a sentimental value to me, but I haven't carried it in the longest time unlike my Bbags. I say sell a couple of pieces to fund some Bbags and if the love for Bal hits you like a ton of bricks, then go with what your heart tells you. I only wish I could change my member name now!:P

I fell in love with balenciaga last june and sold some of my other bags: 1 gucci, 2 prada and one YSL just because i don't love them anymore. I let them sleep in my closet for too long. They were neither practical, nor rain proof, too fragile, heavy to carry, not enough space inside, etc etc
When i bought my first b bag, i discovered that beautiful luxurious bags can be both light weight and resistant!!! The older it gets, the better it looks!
That's why i'm addicted to this brand, 5 bags and 1 accessory now and keep looking for more. I am not looking at other brands anymore.
I just kept one gucci, three pradas and one miumiu from my old collection, but i have not worn them for almost a year.

Maybe sell a few LVs and get a few Bbags? Rushing into a 20-something Bbag collection might cause some buyer's remorse later... Getting just a few bags might also help you if your tastes change later down the road, so you won't be faced with the same situation.

I think this is great advice! There's no reason you have to start out with 20 Bbags. Sell a couple of the LVs that you really never carry and won't miss, get a couple bbags, and see if the addiction creeps up on you. My guess is that it will - they are so nice and easy to carry, light, non-bulky, soft, and they come in such great colors -- but give one or two a try and go from there!

You are in good company if you sell a few of your current bags for a couple of BBags :shame:

I just bumped the "What Brand Did You Abandon" thread so you can see the long list of bags we dumped for Balenciaga :love:

i was a fan of chloe bags when i stumbled upon the purse forum but round about october i ventured into the bal forum and fell instantly in love with the colours..so many colours and the lightness of the bag! i sold 2 chloes to fund another b bag but only cause i dont use them anymore. you should sell the bags you dont use and keep some so you have a balance! you might regret selling them all...LV are great bags as well!

i feel for ya!! :yes: totally get what u mean... i was somewhat in a similiar predicament awhile ago and i lived to tell the tale! :P

i used to be lv crazy, and even with my student budget i still managed to save up a lil and indulge in an lv or two.. and then i discovered balenciaga. i gave in to the addiction and had 3 balenciagas at a time, and then decided that since i dont get that many chances to splurge i should be 'broadening my horizons' a bit more and put a bit of variety in my wardrobe!
so i sold a couple of bbags.. got a paddy and a couple of other bags.. but still felt dissatisfied! :hysteric: so i went back to balenciaga and haven't looked back since then~! :girlsigh:

p.s dont worry too much about making the decision... bbags have a very high resale value and are pretty easy to sell if u ever change your mind! :tup: