Haven't heard from seller/even eBay did not send an email acknowledging my purchase

Jayne1

Working Canvas
O.G.
Aug 2, 2006
I needed to buy two small baby gifts as a favour for a friend, to be received within the next 3 weeks. I found a seller with excellent FB, excellent communication and shipping. I contacted the seller about combined shipping and never heard back, but I needed the gift and figured I could pay shipping twice for 2 items bought at the same time... if I had to. :tdown: Or maybe I would find out about combined shipping at checkout...

I BIN on two small items and contacted the seller for a total. Never heard anything.

I paid the two shipping costs anyway... and still haven't heard from the seller. In total, I emailed 4 times... no response, not even to say that they received payment.

I checked to see if the seller was receiving FB (yes - excellent FB) and if she was leaving FB (again, yes, she was leaving FB the last few days.) So she's alive. Why haven't I heard from her?

I received copies of the emails I sent to her, so they must have gone through. I never got one of those "you won!" notifications from eBay though.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :smile: (See what happens when you try to do a friend a favour?)

A few days ago.

I have been buying and selling on eBay for years and when I receive payment, I always confirm that I did... or at least when I ship. This seller has excellent communication and shipping FB. So not hearing from her seems odd. I think something is wrong.

She is leaving FB for others so I know she's alive. I've emailed 4 times. :shrugs:

I know I buy or win things a lot where I don't hear a peep from the seller, the items have always showed up, but you had specific questions that went unanswered. If she's leaving feedback, she can see she has messages. That's just rude.

I have never left a negative, but this may be the first.

I just hope she actually knows I won an auction and ships. Anyway, thank you for your input! I appreciate it!

I won 1 expensive item (over $1500.00) a couple of years ago and the seller never once said one flippin' word to me ever.
I didn't get a tracking number, a thanks I'm shipping email, not a thing. Total and complete silence.
The bag showed up, absolutely perfect in every way.
I waited a couple of days, and finally emailed the seller to tell her how happy I was with the bag. Total silence.
So, I never did leave feedback. She left mine about 2 weeks later. I still never left feedback.
The most baffling transaction I've ever had.
Needless to say, between that and the foolishness we see here on the ebay thread, I have stopped buying anything but books and cosmetic type items.
I don't think my nerves can handle the stress anymore.
Oh, I do have a ebay selling assistant who sells for me, since I can't stand the stuff that goes on. I put up an LV wallet and got a non-paying buyer. Of course.
I'm over ebay. It drives me absolutely insane.
Jayne1, I hope your items arrive for you. Let us know.

How can my seller have a perfect star rating in communication? She's mute.

I know what you mean about eBay driving you insane. I've been experiencing that lately and don't sell unless I really have to get rid of something.

Jayne1, I know what you mean! It is frustrating when she obviously is leaving and receiving feedback. I once had a seller who had excellent feedback and all, never sent me an email or a tracking #. A week later with no communication whatsoever, I had to open a claim with ebay and guess what? She responded and said she mailed out my package. Needless to say, I was going insane. I hope the seller gets back to you!

Jayne1, I think that seller is just rude. It would take her one minute to send you a note and reassure you. I have had sellers not email me back but have always received the item especially if they have good FB. I'm hoping that is the case for you.

Jayne1, I know what you mean! It is frustrating when she obviously is leaving and receiving feedback. I once had a seller who had excellent feedback and all, never sent me an email or a tracking #. A week later with no communication whatsoever, I had to open a claim with ebay and guess what? She responded and said she mailed out my package. Needless to say, I was going insane. I hope the seller gets back to you!
What kind of FB did you leave?

Jayne1, I think that seller is just rude. It would take her one minute to send you a note and reassure you. I have had sellers not email me back but have always received the item especially if they have good FB. I'm hoping that is the case for you.
Thank you... that probably is the case with me. I'm annoyed about paying twice for shipping one package though. I wonder if they didn't get back to me on purpose.