Have your ever had a bidding war with a tPFer?

Mimster

Jul 20, 2009
In the past, I have bidded on several bags but didn't win. Either the price was getting too high or I wasn't fast enough. Fast forward a week or two and I see the same bags making their reveals on tPF.

Somehow this makes me smile to see the same bag coveted by another tPFer especially when there's a story behind how/why the tPF wanted the bag.

Have this ever happend to you?

Yes that has happens to me however it means as in most life situations, it wasn't meant to be and I hope they enjoy it.. The thing with Ebay is the same handbag unless it is really unique will pop again sometime and maybe that will be mine...

Not knowingly! :nogood:

Someone BINed a BIN or Best Offer bag I was thinking of putting a B.O. in for and then posted it on the vintage Chloe thread for authentication (which I gave!), though.

She clearly liked it even more than I did, as I wouldn't have paid as much, personally, so after the initial slight disappointment, I was very happy that she'd got a bag she loved so much! :biggrin:

few times I gave OK for a bag on YSL authentication thread and wanted to bid myself, but the girl stated she was so excited with this chance to get her HG bag, so I just gave up. I know the feeling.

I did make someone unhappy when I did a BIN and tPF-er was so unhappy because her favorite wallet was "gone" (I snitched it shortly after the auction came out) but she would not pay that much anyhow, so all good in the end

No - I usually bid when there are no other bids on it, or just BIN outright if the starting price/BIN is really close. I don't particularly care to get into a bidding war because I always give myself a limit. I don't announce listings I'm interested in on tPF if it is a bag that would mean a lot to me to have, it just saves me heartache if I can help it!

Not knowingly! :nogood:

Someone BINed a BIN or Best Offer bag I was thinking of putting a B.O. in for and then posted it on the vintage Chloe thread for authentication (which I gave!), though.

She clearly liked it even more than I did, as I wouldn't have paid as much, personally, so after the initial slight disappointment, I was very happy that she'd got a bag she loved so much! :biggrin:

few times I gave OK for a bag on YSL authentication thread and wanted to bid myself, but the girl stated she was so excited with this chance to get her HG bag, so I just gave up. I know the feeling.

This so very nice of you both to pass on the bags.

I don't think I have, but one time, I wished a tpf-er bought this bag I had been lusting after, but didn't want to buy at that price, and even posted a question asking if anyone bought it, but no replies.

I was just hoping a tpf-er won, so she'd post photos of it, and I could just stare at it :P.

It was the Sage-Green YSL Rive Gauche.

yes, that happened to me! several times.
I've totally noticed that.

It's interesting.

I figure, well, of course... if they are bidding, and they are also a member here, it totally makes sense....

kinda funny.... like once I saw a purse on ebay right when it was listed....whoa! a VHTF one I thought. So I started thinking, how can I get the $ to buy this? Then immediately it was gone. Geez, how fast!
Then I saw a tPFers reveal and it was this bag. When I read her story, and how incredibly badly she wanted the bag, I was happy for her.

And pissed too. j/k. ;)

Yes, this has happened to me, too! :P

But I don't get all that upset, especially when I see how happy the bag made someone else...I take a while to think through my purchases, so I often tend to miss out on bags because my trigger finger just.isn't.fast.enough. :lol:

Oh well - if that's my biggest "problem" in life, then I don't have any problems. :biggrin: