Have you used your Gap Groupon?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Gap is having a 40% off entire store thing tomorrow, 10/11. Can we use the Groupon? What does "Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts" really mean? If we do not need a coupon for a discount, can we use the Groupon?

Complete Gap Terms and Conditions
    Offer valid from August 19, 2010 through November 19, 2010 in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico) and Canada only at Gap stores. Not valid online or at Gap Outlet, Gap Factory Store or The Gap Generation stores. Valid at babyGap, KidsGap, and GapBody. Not valid on Keds® and Robeez®, or diaper bags and strollers at babyGap. Offer is good for one time use only and Groupon must be surrendered at time of in-store purchase. Discount applies to Gap merchandise only, not to GiftCards or applicable taxes. No adjustments on previous purchases. The value of the merchandise purchased must be at least $50. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Offer cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, including Reward Cards and the Gap Inc. employee discount. If Groupon is not redeemed by the expiration date above, it may be redeemed for a $25 Gap GiftCard in U.S. and Canada Gap stores only. Not responsible for lost or stolen Groupons. Offer is not transferable. Cashiers: enter the code in the bottom-right corner of the Groupon.

2. i used it a few weeks back when they were doing $35 jeans and pants cuz the Authentic jeans for men are like 60-70 bucks so saved lots when it was $35.. and the black pants event was $35 a pair too.. so I used $50 Groupon

3. Isn't it a Gift Card? We should be able to use it on whatever whenever.

Im planning on using it today.

4. I don't know but when I used my Groupon, they wouldn't let me combine it with any other discount the store was running i.e. I could only use it on permanently marked down items (those with lower prices marked on the price tags). There was even a special Fashion Night Out $5 off the Black Pants that ran for a few hours that night, but it wouldn't stack with the Groupon. I think if they have to enter a "code" for another promotion, it won't work with the Groupon. Good luck though -- that would be an awesome deal.

5. I just came here to see if anyone had posted about this - I'm dying to run to the GAP today if we can combine them. Anyone planning on going shortly who can report back? If not, I might call a store here in a bit... none of my local ones are open yet since it's before 9:00am here.

6. Wow! Jealous of the 40%, what a great deal.

I was there Saturday and used mine on one full price and a bunch of clearance stuff. The SA did warn me that if I were to return anything I used the groupon for, the return credit would be discounted by the Groupon amount, so 50% I guess. I just bought t shirt for my DD to wear next summer, so I wasn't worried.

7. I've been checking a similar thread on another blog and it seems very hit or miss with the groupon. Half have been reporting that they used it with no problem (since the 40% comes off automatically, there's no coupon to enter and therefore you can use the groupon to enter as a coupon code), some have said that it's absolutely not allowed combined with the 40% off sale and some stores have said that the email was supposed to list that not all stores are participating and that they'll offer the 40% because it was brought up, but it's not actually supposed to be happening at their store. What a disaster!

8. I used my Groupon on saturday, yes 2 days ago, and then get the 40% off everything email, I took my purchases & receipt to GAP and they did a price adjustment, and then I went and sent $90 more....

and I read on slickdeals that yes there are people that combined the Groupon & those who were told they could not

heard BR is having the same sale, I didn't check so I can not confirm this

9. I was told I could not combine them today.

10. I just came from Gap store and the SA let me used the Groupon with the 40%.

11. The promo disclaimer for the 40% off is as follows. If the employees follow it like they're supposed to, then you cannot apply the Groupon. It seems like some people have gotten away with it, so I suppose it's worth a shot.

*OFFER VALID AT GAP STORES IN THE U.S. ONLY. NOT VALID AT OUTLET/FACTORY STORES OR GAP.COM. GAP INC. CREDIT CARD MUST BE USED AS PAY TYPE TO RECEIVE 45% DISCOUNT AND IS SUBJECT TO CREDIT APPROVAL. NO ADJUSTMENTS ON PREVIOUS PURCHASES. NOT VALID FOR CASH OR CASH EQUIVALENT. CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS OR DISCOUNTS.

12. I was told I could use it just as long as the register accepts it. Not sure if it's worth the drive if they are unsure.

13. I thought the Groupon is like a GC so I jumped onto it. I called the store closest to my place and the SA said NO....

14. I'm going to try it out today and see if the Groupon works. I have two Groupons that expires during November.

15. Last week I used the Gap Groupon with the 25% off. The 25% was automatic and then I used the Groupon as a payment form to pay $50 and then paid the rest with a credit card.