Have You Seen the New Leather Veau Tracking?

MillStream

O.G.
May 15, 2006
I'd appreciate any information you may have about the new leather, Veau Tracking. I'm wondering how it compares with Box Calf and Chevre in a few ways:

- how it takes color

- how it holds its shape

- how it compares in weight to Box Calf and Chevre

and any other thoughts you may have about Veau Tracking.

Thank you!

:heart: MillStream

I have not seen the leather Vache Trekking (VT) in person but understand that it is like a matte version of Vache Liegee (VL), which it is suppose to replaced (?). It will hold its shape like VL and priced like one. It is apparently thicker than VL. And VL was heavier than Boxcalf, Chevre Togo/Clemence.

Not sure how it would take colours but assume it should be available in the same colour range as VL (including RG).

There is a comparison between VT and Togo here http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/new-leather-trekking-527706-2.html#post13398491

Someone bought a Rouge Veau Trekking bag not long ago. The bag should show up if you do a search

The leather is a new type of leather that is introduced this year, it doesn't seem like a common type of leather to be found in store yet.

I saw a Black Birkin 35 in Vache Trekking a few weeks ago at my local H. store.
I had the opportunity to compare it with a 35 Black Birkin in Togo.
Honestly, I liked the Togo bag better because of the structure, the bigger grains and the matte look, VT had a light sheen.
Vache Trekking is more expensive than Togo. While the current price of a 35 Birkin in Togo is 5900 euro here, the price of the 35 Vache Trekking Birkin was 6200 euro or 6300 euro if I'm not mistaken.

According to my SA, he said that Vache Trekking is a stiff leather that would hold his shape much better than Togo.
He also said it was a durable and strong leather.

I can't remember the weight difference anymore.

Last edited:
Millstream, we must be on the same wavelength...I've been thinking about Trekking too after seeing the Rouge H birkin with ghw mighty kismet listed...

I worry about the weight but the way it takes Rouge H made me drool

Thanks so much for your help, ms piggy, oonagh113, bluewin and **Chanel**!

Olive, why am I not surprised that we're on the same wavelength. We both love red bags and what could be better than Rouge H in just about any skin? After speaking with my SA this afternoon, I realize that Vache Trekking (as **Chanel** has correctly identified it) will be heavier than Box Calf and Chevre and therefore not quite right for me. My days of lugging around a luscious but oh-so-heavy 35 Clemence Birkin are history.

Thanks so much for your help, ms piggy, oonagh113, bluewin and **Chanel**!

Olive, why am I not surprised that we're on the same wavelength. We both love red bags and what could be better than Rouge H in just about any skin? After speaking with my SA this afternoon, I realize that Vache Trekking (as **Chanel** has correctly identified it) will be heavier than Box Calf and Chevre and therefore not quite right for me. My days of lugging around a luscious but oh-so-heavy 35 Clemence Birkin are history.

heavier=not for me

I have had the pleasure of trying on a vache trekking in alezan. I was not prepared to LIKE the leather as I was under the impression that it was a pressed leather, much like Epsom.

I was pleasantly surprised. The matte nature of the leather lends the bag a very sophisticated look. The weight is heavier than box, that I am sure, but not sure how ti compares to chevre. The leather is quite structured but without the boxy and heavy feel and look. It does remind me a little bit of ardennes in some strange way. I do not know how it will wear in the long time nor do i know how it refurbishes. Would love to hear what fellow tpfer would have to say. As one tpfer has pointed out, it is significantly pricier than other leather.

I have been told that although the leather is relatively new, it is not possible to order this leather anymore for some strange reason.