Have you seen the new Chanel "Take Out" flap?

Feb 10, 2011
Hello All!

This is my first thread, YAY! :yahoo: I love TPF, so much valuable information and fashion advice!

Here's my question:

My wonderful hubby will be purchasing the purse of my choice for xmas and I've been pining for a red Chanel classic flap. I went to Neimans and saw a beautiful Jumbo in the dark red 11A color with gunmetal hardware. I loved it.

At Saks, there were more fashion items, such as this new bag the "Take Out" bag.

Although I would love the classic flap, it's a bit price prohibitive at $4300. I was hoping the bag could be closer to $3000. Which is the exact price of the Take Out bag. The Take Out is really cool - it looks like a 2.55 with a cut out in the top that allows it to be carried like a handled clutch.

I have attached a photo of the "Take Out".

Opinions? Thank you!!:biggrin:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 920
I like it but the red looks a bit more like a burnt orange color to me. It my just be the picture though. Have you looked at the In The Business flap? It come in dark red and is part of the 12C collection. It is a great alernative to a classic flap and not as heavy.

I'm in love with this bag but I don't know if I'd want to shell out $4300 for the bag. I've seen all the color it comes in and it comes in a Jade Green, Black , Beige, Burnt Redish Orange, and a Dark Blue color. Hope that helps!

when you said the take out bag i totally thought of the 'take out container' type bag that chanel have!
that one i am in love with haha.

anyway, the business flap is a good alternative.
but honestly, i'd save your money and buy the classic flap, because it will be with you for LIFE!
xxx

I second the idea to go with the flap. The prices are just going to keep going up and if you don't get it now, you will eventually regret not getting the flap @ $4300 when you had the chance.

The "take out" bag is cute but its seasonal and if the price is the only "win" it has against the flap then I really suggest getting the flap.

Do it before it's too late~~ And congrats on having such a good hubby who is willing to support and enable your hobby!

I would hold out for a classic flap. Have you considered buying second hand? That way you can get a classic flap and stay within your budget. There are many resources on TPF to have a bag authenticated to ensure you get the real deal.

Hello All!

This is my first thread, YAY! :yahoo: I love TPF, so much valuable information and fashion advice!

Here's my question:

My wonderful hubby will be purchasing the purse of my choice for xmas and I've been pining for a red Chanel classic flap. I went to Neimans and saw a beautiful Jumbo in the dark red 11A color with gunmetal hardware. I loved it.

At Saks, there were more fashion items, such as this new bag the "Take Out" bag.

Although I would love the classic flap, it's a bit price prohibitive at $4300. I was hoping the bag could be closer to $3000. Which is the exact price of the Take Out bag. The Take Out is really cool - it looks like a 2.55 with a cut out in the top that allows it to be carried like a handled clutch.

I have attached a photo of the "Take Out".

Opinions? Thank you!!:biggrin:

I too love this bag. In fact, I'm in the process of purchasing a gray one right now - and this is after just purchasing a JM last month. I really like this bag because it's not as "loud" as bags w/ the actual cc, the handle makes it unique, the leather seems durable, and not to mention the price! I love it~

I love the new 'take' on this take out bag! I'm not sure if there are different sizes but I tried on a smaller version which was a tad bigger than the jumbo and it was $3000 usd.

They had a black and a light grey color. I fell in love with the grey so I ordered that one. I'll post more pics as soon as I receive it!! :smile:

This flap is definitely a lot lighter than the classics and the strap is the same length as the 2.55 flaps so for some, you can wear it cross body. One thing I am worried about is the oils from your hand on the top through the handles. We'll see....I'll report back once I get them!!