Have you regretted buying too many canvas bags?

azngal

O.G.
Jun 12, 2010
I just ordered my soft lockit but I had to remove two canvas bags off my wish list to buy it --- I was super close to buying both then the soft lockit came out so glad I didn't. Has anyone regretted buying too many canvas bags when a nice leather one comes out?

I much prefer leather LVs, so 80% of my bags are leather now. I still like to use my canvas tote such as a Totally pm in DA. Light weight and it does complete my spring and summer look :smile:

Excluding pochettes/SLGs, I have two canvas and one leather LV but I don't regret my canvas purchases!

Of my two canvas, one is a NF GM that I pretty much only use for travel or the beach and the other is a Manhattan PM which I use for special occasions. Plus it was my first & who doesn't have a special place in their heart for their first :smile:

My Mahina is my everyday bag and gets the most use. And is the least conspicuous because you have to really get close up to see the pattern in the leather. Since my 3 LV purses serve really different purposes, I have no regrets!

The Soft Lockit is *gorgeous* though! I have been living vicariously through the PF blog & reveals in this forum ❤️

On the contrary I regret buying too many leather bags (LV or not) Because I can't baby my bags and want to carry them even it's raining :smile:
That's one of the reasons why I prefer and love LV. Canvas bags are not high maintenance.
Yes, I love SC bag and I know epi leather does not require attention as much as other leather bags but for now I prefer canvas to leather :blush:

I just ordered my soft lockit but I had to remove two canvas bags off my wish list to buy it --- I was super close to buying both then the soft lockit came out so glad I didn't. Has anyone regretted buying too many canvas bags when a nice leather one comes out?

Kind of - I go in and out of loving canvas. I think some of my newer bags just feel kind of cheap sometimes - to the point where I feel like if a pen was inside of it, it might poke a hole thru the material. I'm paranoid about them cracking and tearing because it's just cotton and vinyl - but only on the thinner bags (my keepall) - but my tadao is much thicker and substantial

But I still think I prefer canvas. I have a few damier infini leather men's pieces and the creasing and wrinkling that happens to the leather bothers me a lot :/

I love my canvas bags especially since they are lower maintenance then some of the leather bags out there. And the canvas is so light weight. I love leather bags but appreciate the canvas ones.

I have 3 canvas bags and love them!
Neverfull, artsy and Eva. They're great carefree bags that I know will last a long time.

3 is enough got me though, and I am more interested in adding a leather bag even though for the same price I could get 2-3 canvas.

Definitely!!! The leather is so luxurious, you need to own atleast one. I had to sell a canvas bag to get the empreinte bag and add more $ of course and I have no regrets whatsoever!!

Kind of - I go in and out of loving canvas. I think some of my newer bags just feel kind of cheap sometimes - to the point where I feel like if a pen was inside of it, it might poke a hole thru the material. I'm paranoid about them cracking and tearing because it's just cotton and vinyl - but only on the thinner bags (my keepall) - but my tadao is much thicker and substantial

But I still think I prefer canvas. I have a few damier infini leather men's pieces and the creasing and wrinkling that happens to the leather bothers me a lot :/

Wow that's interesting, my brother wants to get the James wallet and he's torn between the damier leather or graphite canvas...can you post a picture of the flaws of the leather wallet..