Have you purchased the same items over and over?

I get so angry when they discontinue things!
Like I had found the PERFECT shade of dark red lipstick from Chanel. darker but not too dark, and with slightly warm undertones.
And all my staples from American Apparel discontinued so I´m hunting second hand....
Uniqlo is great for basic tshirts and underwear!
I'm dealing with the same thing with Origins. Estee Lauder has destroyed that brand by removing the original staples. I'm hoarding some of my must-haves now so my skin won't burn and peel.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
These shoes used to be something by Tod's. Now they are just driving shoes. I should have mentioned I only buy them on sale. The first pair I bought per wear cost was probably fairly low but having to repurchase after six months isn't ideal.

View attachment 4770779

We do have city Gomminos that have a full rubber sole which are for everyday use. Example attached. In case you were not aware Gomminos can be custom made for you.

994F3E22-0A63-4E71-980D-70F3DFA46BCA.jpeg

Yes....if it's not the same item, it's the same print. I have so many striped shirts (long and short sleeved, button downs) that my boyfriend almost tried to stage an intervention. I just like that they go with everything and it's more interesting than a plain shirt. When I worked at Zara I got a few black t-shirts and pants to wear daily. I also have the multiple jeans in similar silhouette. They're very flattering and comfortable to wear.

I started to type out my list of multiples but it’s actually embarrassing when I see it written out so I’ll just say I have many lol.
ITA. Also agree with @doni that i only stop when something is discontinued. Agree with @mellecyn, that its extremely annoying when something essential gets discontinued.
BTW, i went through a phase of buying vintage dead stock doc martens, but now i just have one pair of older but vinrage dead stock (due to one of my attempts at Marie Kondo, others were purged). Thankfully, the last pair seems indestructible. My latest thing is the Brooks Ghost 13 sneaker. I felt restrained in only buying one back up.

Last edited:
Reactions: papertiger
I do that for things I now I will wear "forever": shoes (I have size 35 - it is incredibly difficult to find sexy and comfortable shoes in that size). So I stock up in those which fit and whose style is timeless (black pumps, loafers for example).
Also Jeans. Finding a perfect fitting one is key and then stock it. Otherwise I did it with some white blouses, because the white tend to go grey with time and a good fitting blouse is also a rare item.

Reactions: Catash
Guilty! My vice is cap-toe shoes. From Chanel I have the ballerinas in three colors, a pair of espadrilles, and a pair of slingbacks. I also have the cap-toe Gianvito Rossi mules from last year (I bought but returned the over-the-knee boots bc they didn't fit, loved them though).

So I thought I was done, but then just last night I ordered the Chanel cap-toe Mary Janes from this spring/summer. This despite the fact that I have other items on my wishlist! I just keep buying variations on the same style over and over again. :no:

Should update this by saying I have since purchased yet another pair of cap-toe slingbacks. =|

Reactions: papertiger
I find this interesting actually since I wanted so bad a pair of these but cannot think of how to style them?! Jeans?

I think it depends on what color you get them in, but if you get a color that matches your skin tone, it makes sense to wear them with a dress or other outfit that shows your legs so that you can get the illusion of a longer leg. I do think jeans are great with most of the other colors though since denim is a great neutral. :yes:

Otoh part of my vice is that I do pick up these shoes without necessarily considering what I will wear them with, so you may want to take my advice with a grain of salt. :lol: