Have you heard of Purse Currency?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!

1. Have you ever heard of purse currency?

Well neither have I.

However, this is how sick and twisted I have become with my obsessive behaviour towards handbags. Everything I buy which is a necessity, I count in bag money.

For instance, I have a very expensive course I am currently taking. I fret at how much I have to spend. Mind you, this is all for the better, later down my windy road.

Groceries, you know food because we all need it to survive. I glance at my grocery bill with a horrified facial expression. I think to myself, well there would be a nice bag (insert your favourite designer here). It has taken over my world. Items that I know I need, but cause me grief, because they are interfering with my purse funds. I pout, thinking about all the lovely handbags that could take the place, of those pesky things called life’s daily survival supplies. :hysteric:

2. we were talking about going on holidays with my SO and i cringed inside when i saw the prices...isnt it better to stay at safe cosy home and just spend it on the bags instead?:s

We also bought a new TV a month ago and I just felt like pulling the money out fo SA`s hands and running off to Balenciaga pronto... TV prices are ridiculous I tell ya!:rolleyes:

3. ^^^^:lol:^^^^^
    Anyone else guilty of this?:Push:

4. Well, you know I am, Pink. :lol: But we just got the TV and a bag. :tup:

I do this all the time, seriously. At least I'm not snatching the actual food out of DH and SS's mouths yet. Their time is coming.

Kidding! :okay:

5. I used to do this all the time...however, I am now finally starting to think in terms of 'Ouch that grocery bill could have paid a credit card' or 'That grocery bill was half a ticket to Orlando', etc.!

6. Yup. I'll say oh, so its a Louie...or a Balenciaga...or a Chanel...or a Gucci...

My dad likes to make fun of my purse habit. I tell him he will thank me one day when the apocalypse comes and the only currency on the planet is purses.

7. ^ :lol:

8. ^^^You owe me in purse currency:graucho:

9. LOL!!!!!!

10. I just bought a Mac and thought "well, I could have bought a handbag with that!"

11. :lol:

Guilty of thinking of holiday expenses in purse currency :shame:

12. I do the reverse - if I balk at the price of a nice appliance of piece of furniture, I remind myself that I can easily spend that same amount of $ on a bag without batting an eye, so it's all relative.