Have you have experince buying from a Coach Outlet for Resell? Do You work at a Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebaygirl

Feb 17, 2009
Hi Everyone, I am a seller on eBay and have been for 3 years. I live within 1 hour of a Coach Oultlet and travel there once or twice a month to buy products. I spend anywhere on average from $300-$800 ($1400 around Chriistmas) each time. I know they won't let you purchase more than 3 of one item so I never even try but do often buy multiples of things. They have never asked what I do with them and I don't tell but I'm sure they know what I purchase them for. A couple of the store employees are very unfriendly to me but most are nice and accommidating. I rarely, if ever, return anything. My question is, who out there has had experience buying in bulk from Coach Outlet stores? How are you treated? Have you worked in a Coach Outlet or do you? Can you tell me why you would treat a frequent, good customer poorly? I know Coach discourages reselling and can ban you from buying from them but it's not like I'm buying or selling thousands a week! Would they ever ban a small seller like me? I would love to hear anyones experineces from both sides. Thanks!

I sold COACH to supplement my meager college student income. I never did sell more than 3 bags a month really. I know my outlet SA knew what I was up to but she was always very friendly. She still works there and says hi on the few occasions I get to drop by now.

I sell on ebay but I think that on this forum people will discourage you from talking about this topic...I sell on ebay so if you'd like some help PM me.

Last edited:
You may not get many good responses here. I know personally, I hate when the ebay sellers come and buy up all the good deals so people like me cannot even get one item for myself. I have heard of them banning some and I wish they would ban more. Maybe they treat you badly because they do know you resell. I know when I go I get treated excellent, but again, I am only buying one of each item for myself or for my family. JMO

Can you tell me why you would treat a frequent, good customer poorly? I know Coach discourages reselling and can ban you from buying from them but it's not like I'm buying or selling thousands a week!

I think the second sentence answers your question. :shrugs: They probably know you are reselling, and this is frowned upon.

Honestly, I once bought 3 bags at once (different styles, not for reselling, I just happened to want them all) and the SAs were VERY nosy about what I was doing with all the bags. I explained about having loved the styles, but not the boutique prices, and at the steal of a markdown, I couldn't resist getting them all for less than what 1 would have cost me in the boutique. They were friendly after that and helped me find some matching accessories.

I think buy some, don't buy all of the same bag..that's not being fair. I know I personally hate the lady that is walking around the store with eight of the same bag that I WANT!!!!!!!:confused1: So if you are going to sell BE FAIR. That's what I always do if I find a great deal I usually take one for me and one to sell.

Ive noticed that the full price employees at my local boutique are snotty. I was in FT Myers, FL full price Coach store on my Bday (which was 1-31). Anyway, those girls were so so friendly. I had the girl that sold me my Heritage Stripe Conv Hobo call me tonite at home and ask me how i like that bag i bought? Bowl me over with a feather. That has never happened.

It just so happens that Im leaving tomorrow kind of unexpectedly to fly to FT Myers for My Dad's surgery on Thurs and I think that store will get my business again. I was very impressed with that one. Its at Coconut Point in FT Myers, FL.

I do not and have never worked at Coach, but I am pretty sure that if they found out one of their employees was purchasing to sell on eBay that person would not be an employee for long...

I sell on eBay, but only items from my own closet...and usually to spend the $$ on a new bag!

I guess since I don't live near an outlet, boutique or dept store that sells Coach, I have to depend on Ebay quite frequently. So perhaps I have a different take on things. I do understand wanting to get something at the outlet and seeing someone else with a handful of the item, and I know that's maddening. But I also know what it's like to want a bag and not have the opportunity to get to one of the B&M stores. So I do think the Ebay sellers fulfill a role.
As long as you're buying a reasonable amount of items, I think the SA's should treat you well. But we have all seen certain Ebay sellers who seem to have fantastic luck at getting items and have like 8 bags of the same style listed - one in every color and size. That's when it doesn't seem so fair and people tend to get angry.

As I said earlier I don't buy up the whole store, take all the good deals or buy 8 of the same bags. I carry Coach bags myself. I maybe spend 3-6 hundred at a time. I'm just not that interested about your opinion on eBay reselling. I sell on eBay and I buy almost everything for myself there. I am not interested in paying full price and I have customers that are thrilled to buy the Coach bag they have wanted from me for $250 instead of $400, so I have no guilt at all. What I would love to hear is others experience with this type of shopping or some insight from someone who works at a Coach outlet. Thanks.

ITA with coach bag. I am guessing that Coach may frown upon this from one of there own employees. I think it's safe to say that there is a fair amount of us here on the purse forum that do sell bags on ebay but mostly just from our own collections to fund new bags! thats what I do but when I do go to the outlet, like last week, I purchased 1 bag, Factory signature Ali for me since it was 50% off. There were 2 women there walking around with at least 10 bags and 15 wristlets! All Carlys, and all soho wristlets!

Status
Not open for further replies.