Have you had bad experiences at LV Boutiques?

whenever I go into LV, I seem to get ignored. I look really young so I think they look at me like I don't have money to spend. next time I think I will go in with my most expensive LV bag and see if I get treated better.

My favourite LV member at the store I visit most is the chief security guard :P I always take bags off the shelf and haven't ever had a problem...is this just a thing in the States?

What I hate about my store is their lack of communication...I was not included on the amarante sunset waitlist when I asked to be, but was instead left on the LVOE2 tote waitlist which I asked to be removed from...grrr.

Don't let your experience deter you from buying beautiful bags!

Not at my "local" LV boutique - they always greet me by name - as my surname is very difficult and I have told them to dispense with the formalities of the formal title and last name. Always a positive experience - even when not purchasing!

However, when out of country some have been very indifferent so I shop at home - their loss I suppose.

Seems like a lot of you have been to the boutiques in LV, but do any of you frequent the boutiques in Illinois, especially the Oakbrook location?

I was told that if I am going to buy one, I should go to the store, but I don't want a bad experience to ruin it for me. If I am going to spend between $700 and $900 on a purse, they had BETTER be nice to me!!!

I started buying my Coaches from Macy's because the ladies are sooooo nice whereas the SAs in the Coach stores were rude and acted like they were above customer service.

I've had mixed experiences, even at the same store.

The LV boutique on Bloor in Toronto - if my SA isn't working that day, sometimes they ignore me completely. I had one weird SA at that store: I asked to see a bag, and she handed it to me, then started singing to herself... Very odd.

The LV boutique in Holt's on Bloor in Toronto is great with customer service. Always helpful, never snotty.

The LV boutique at Lenox Mall in Atlanta was also mixed service: a couple of SAs eyed me like I was going to steal something. I had a bag on hold - the SA (Claude Howell) whom I was waiting for was AWESOME though!!

The LV boutique at Saks in Phipps Mall (ATL) wasn't helpful at all. All the SAs disappeared into the back. Weird, huh?

The LV boutique at Copley in Boston was pretty good on service.

And that's my tour of LV boutiques. My addiction is so sad... LOL

I must be very lucky because I've never had a bad experience and I go to many boutiques when I travel(including some that others have had a bad experience in).

If I want to see a bag, I get it and no one says anything to me.

The only LV I have had any bad experience with is SCP. Lately they have been much better. The shoe manager there is trying really hard to get all of my business. But I am pretty loyal to the HI boutiques!

whenever I go into LV, I seem to get ignored. I look really young so I think they look at me like I don't have money to spend. next time I think I will go in with my most expensive LV bag and see if I get treated better.

I guarantee if you go in to LV with an LE or expensive bag the SA's will tackle you! When I took my Sophie into SCP it caused quite a commotion-and that's a little bag! If you took your new embossed Stephen...OMG the SA's will be following you with hankies for the tears on how beautiful that bag is and want your business.

I always wander around the store and take stuff off the shelves to look at and no one has ever bothered me.
My in store experience has so far been pleasant, It's the lack of customer service here that makes me angry - like not calling when items come in, not putting names on waitlist etc.:cursing:

:wtf:...I plan to make my first LV purchase in a month or so....now I am wondering if I should just order from eluxury...one thing I cannot stand is to be treated in such a manner when I am spending so much money...something like this would make me walk right out of the store without spending a dime.