Have you guys seen this?!

nycmarilyn

O.G.
Sep 6, 2007
I hope I'm posting in the correct thread. These Rolandos arrived from Bergdorf (brand new) today and I have never seen this before! The heel has this elastic strip. The shoes look authentic, but I don't know what the purpose of this stretchy strip is on the heel. It just makes it uncomfortable cause I can't get my heel to the end of the shoes. Do you guys know?? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1321.jpg
    IMG_1321.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_1322.JPG
    IMG_1322.JPG
    409 KB · Views: 500
  • IMG_1323.JPG
    IMG_1323.JPG
    419.3 KB · Views: 501
CL has started to do this with many of their shoes this season for some unknown reason. Frankly, I don't think they work and if anything they just ensure that you will have heel gap.

ETA: Congrats by the way :biggrin:

CL has started to do this with many of their shoes this season for some unknown reason. Frankly, I don't think they work and if anything they just ensure that you will have heel gap.

ETA: Congrats by the way :biggrin:

Thanks for the response as always, Dessye! So there isn't a question of authenticity, right?

As you see the top of the heel box is verry narrow... our heel will stretch it with time and it will round up. The strap is here to keep it in shape, so the shoe sta still and adapt to your foot without causing any damage to a shoe that primarily did fit and could not fit anymore since the heel box has been stretched. An issue that gel pads you put on the front could not reallt solve (either gel pads on the back if the shoe is too stretched. Though, the elastic itself will stretch too with time. Hence why it's very key to know your size and know if you need to have to size down with some particular styles.

How many of us have been let down by a shoe that fitted perfectly in the store and a few time after wearing them we could actually slide a whole index at the back of the shoe... (Loubies or not) Sigh.

I have this in my Brian Atwood shoes and I'm still undecided about it. It does stop slippage, but I find breaking in my shoes w/ that there is a pain. Almost like, the shoe never breaks in and I feel like I need to re-wear them a while during the day to make them feel comfy.

I actually have that in one of my older pairs but the strap is much closer to the back of the shoe. Actually, they are almost on the back of the shoe completely! It is the first time that I see the strap this forward. Strange. I wonder why they don't really help. They seem like they would. I hate heel slippage and this seems like it would help.

Your Rolandos are gorgeous and they are definitely authentic!!! :smile: