Have you experienced Resonance?

ladakini

vintage
O.G.
Jan 13, 2007
Most amazing! There is the best example of throat singing here. I highly recommend this journey.

To commemorate the opening of the Louis Vuitton store in Ulan Bator - the first in Mongolia - Louis Vuitton has asked the artist Abdesslam Oulahbib to create an original piece of music inspired by the traditional Mongolian musical culture.
http://www.louisvuitton.com/resonance/

I tried listening to it, but I had to close the window after a couple of seconds. It's not my cup of tea.
What I find more interesting is to know why LV opened a shop in Mongolia of all places.

Thank you Ladakini for the link. I couldn't listen to it all. My dad started singing to it and I had to shut the d@rned thing off! :pout: The last thing I wanted to do was encourage him and he can't sing for beans!

i thought it was a great concept. I enjoyed listening though it miles different from anything I've ever heard. Other than Mongolian Beef from P.F. Changs, LOL (kidding) there's not much I know about the country.
The up-close and enlarged images with the sweaty pores and the focus on the mouth movements, etc. was purposely hyperrealistic, which gave the feeling of being there in person. A true journey of emotional, visual, and auditory resonance.

Thanks for sharing...It reminded me of the background music to a scary movie...the bees at the end...candyman....jmho
Interesting. Did you listen to the piece with him singing? The tonal whistling? I am fascinated with the ability to sing in different octaves at once. I just know my attempt would be reminiscent of a horror (or horrible) movie.

Thank you Ladakini for the link. I couldn't listen to it all. My dad started singing to it and I had to shut the d@rned thing off! :pout: The last thing I wanted to do was encourage him and he can't sing for beans!
That's funny! When I was a little girl, I used to love to hear my Dad sing. I thought he should have sung opera. As an adult, I understood why he was asked to just mouth the words when he sang in the choir. What I wouldn't give to hear him sing one more verse of "My Girl's a Corker"... *sigh*

i thought it was a great concept. I enjoyed listening though it miles different from anything I've ever heard. Other than Mongolian Beef from P.F. Changs, LOL (kidding) there's not much I know about the country.
The up-close and enlarged images with the sweaty pores and the focus on the mouth movements, etc. was purposely hyperrealistic, which gave the feeling of being there in person. A true journey of emotional, visual, and auditory resonance.
LOL. Hyperrealistic indeed. As a nurse, I spend every day up close and personal to bodily fluid reality. Perhaps I am a bit too sensitive. Profuse sweating is a call to action.
I first experienced throat singing during Tibetan Buddhist prayers. Here is a link if interested.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102234687
Here is a great example of Tuva throat singing. All sounds are coming from the one man's throat.
http://khoomei.com/videos/taukhoomei.mov

Thanks for the link, that's very interesting. I have listened to Tibetan chanting before and it was amazing - people's voices can really change the energy in a room. Quite an experience!