HAVE YOU: Experienced Lock Chipping, Peeling Scratching?

Both my paddys have this problem. Im not at all keen on it after paying out so much for them, but im learning to live with it now.
My best buddy is having the same problem with her paddy as well.

The Paddy I got last night (!!!), 07SS is chipping already, the tip of the key chipped and the lock hole from just putting it in to open for the first time.....silver underneath.....so, sounds like they're still the same?

Here are some pics from my NEW 07SS, that I recieved last night - I've posted on another thread as well, but though they might be relevant here......trying to work out if I should send the bag back, or just deal with it.....it's just the one on the top front of the padlock that is bugging me, at least underneath the padlock is invisible, but this isn't......will this happen over time anyways???

Attachments

• DSC00578.JPG
    DSC00578.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00579.JPG
    DSC00579.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00580.JPG
    DSC00580.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC00581.JPG
    DSC00581.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 54
What do you all think about the silver padlocks? Are they durable or do they get really worn looking after a short time? I purchased the paddy in metallic argent from NM for all of you who haven't read about my return debacle...and the padlock was very "beat-up" for lack of better terms. The SA at NM said the new season silver paddys all have this worn (she called it texturized) lock.

What do you think? Anyone have the argent and what do you think about the lock? Does it annoy you that it's texturized? Do you think it makes your bag look more used, or do you like the look and think it adds style?

Just having major trouble deciding...:confused1::confused1:

AND if I get another bag besides the paddy, which one should I get? I like the Betty and the Elvire...but open to suggestions. I think I might need to get 2!!

Thanks ladies!! I'll appreciate any advice at all....You're all so friendly and helpful.:wlae:

Couldn't take a pic of the lock in question as I had to hurry and send it back and my current camera is non-functional after too much partying on Honeymoon :roflmfao: A close up of the lock treatment I'm talking about is actually in the Baby Paddington's thread...if I knew how to reference it here, I would... (clueless newbie alert)

What do you all think about the silver padlocks? Are they durable or do they get really worn looking after a short time? I purchased the paddy in metallic argent from NM for all of you who haven't read about my return debacle...and the padlock was very "beat-up" for lack of better terms. The SA at NM said the new season silver paddys all have this worn (she called it texturized) lock.

What do you think? Anyone have the argent and what do you think about the lock? Does it annoy you that it's texturized? Do you think it makes your bag look more used, or do you like the look and think it adds style?

Just having major trouble deciding...:confused1::confused1:

AND if I get another bag besides the paddy, which one should I get? I like the Betty and the Elvire...but open to suggestions. I think I might need to get 2!!

Thanks ladies!! I'll appreciate any advice at all....You're all so friendly and helpful.:wlae:

You have 'met' me already and know that I like my beat up silver padlock.

I am currently contemplating an Elvire in Maroon but am trying to find out whether that is the same colour as a photo of Grenat that I have seen and adored.

I have a Large Black Betty and think it is rather a lumpy thing.

Yes, nice to chat with you again, and thanks for responding so quickly! I'm so obsessed now with getting the best bag and now maybe more than one! And of course with getting a deal! I NEVER hit sales at the perfect time...and have always relegated myself to paying full price out of sheer frustration!! It does get tiring trying to find both the perfect bags and the perfect price.

Thanks for your opinion about the Betty....hmmm. I think I'll look in NYC for that same paddy I had before and then maybe look at the paddy shopper and the elvire too. That grenat color is TDF! If the maroon is really grenat that bag would be hot!! They have a taupe one with olive trim on NAP right now that's pretty yummy too. But the grenat is an awesome color.

I really did like the argent paddy, the lock bothers me a bit. The metallic taupe one on NAP doesn't have the textured lock, but a smooth one. Just not sure I'd be happy now with the taupe though now that I've seen the argent?

The silver locks are meant to look distressed - it's not a fault, supposed to look vintage :yes:

The silver lock is much more durable than the gold toned one for that very reason - they don't chip and already look worn in :tup:

The silver locks are meant to look distressed - it's not a fault, supposed to look vintage :yes:

The silver lock is much more durable than the gold toned one for that very reason - they don't chip and already look worn in :tup:

I agree, i had a mousse with the distressed silver hardware, and i loved that it looked 'worn in' already! :heart:
The 'gold' hardware chips really easily, although i guess that adds to the vintage, worn in, look, too.
At least any scratches won't show up when you have used the bag a few times!:tup:

I have a mousse paddy with silver lock and the lock is incredibly durable- I have used this bag for months at a time and the padlock looks exactly the same as when I bought the bag, no chips, no scrapes, nothing.

(I recently got a paddy with an enamelled lock, black coated, and it is chipped already, so I am a bit more careful with this bag than i ever felt I needed to be with the mousse).

As for the distressed look of the silver, I much prefer it to a shiny, perfect looking lock, it adds character.

Awesome thanks so much! That makes me feel so much better about the argent paddy. I'm definitely getting a new one (I had to return one to NM after it was shipped to me without tags, which made me nervous).

We're going to NYC soon, so I can get it then, but truthfully I'm so obsessed with it, I'm probably going to weaken and buy another one online and this time insist they leave tags on. I can't wait!! Plus, really wanted it for my trip....

I feel better about the lock though. I guess a real Chloe lover will already KNOW it's supposed to be that way, and well to everyone else they probably won't know anything about the bag anyway.

I wish paddys weren't so overcopied. I'd hate to have people think mine's a fake. (although no way would I ever think it was if I saw on someone else due to scrumptious leather!!!:heart:)

Hi ladies, I wanted a Paddy before but I heard that the lock on the Paddys chip - which deterred me from buying one. But I was told by a TPFer that the new locks (07) are made of a different material and aren't suppose to chip?? Does anyone know anything about this. Any advice would be appreciated :tup: