Have you ever...

Luv2Shop1

California Dreaming
O.G.
Aug 8, 2009
...accidentally told your significant other how much you spent on a bag?

Oops! That happened to me today!

On my way home from work, I was chatting with my husband about going to the outlet this weekend AGAIN...and I said, "I only spent $400 last weekend."

The look on his face was priceless! He was like, "Um, I don't have $400 to spend."

Needless to say, getting to the outlet this weekend might be a little touchy...

He usually doesn't ask so I don't tell! :P I buy my purses with my own money which is separate from our joint account. He has his own money as well that he can spend how he chooses.

He usually doesn't ask so I don't tell! :P I buy my purses with my own money which is separate from our joint account. He has his own money as well that he can spend how he chooses.

We have the same financial arrangement...I have no idea where his $$ goes either!

He knows I have purses...and that they are pricey...but, I think he suppresses knowing that...so, hearing the amount surprised him.

He's a good guy though, he bought me a LV for my b-day!

My husband knows what I used to pay for my bags, he pays the bills. He sat me down and literally begged me to stop spending on them and I listened to him. I have enough, anyways.

I make good money and don't go overboard financially given our financial situation so it's never been an issue. His hobby is fishing and he bought a $3,000 fishing rod so what is he really going to say, anyway. Neither of us really spend excessively but we do indulge in the few things that we love- for him fishing, and for me designer "bargain shopping"

I've oopsed too, but I have the opposite. Mine tells me to go buy myself something because I never do. When I returned Zoe a week ago, he was trying to talk me out of it. These are my first things I've induldged on since my Jessica McLintock top I was wearing when we were dating...that he burned a hole in on my sleeve...and yes, I still mention it 11 years later that on her maiden voyage, she was burned.

My Mother gave me some great advice before she passed away when i got married (she died in car accident about 10 months after i got married), she told me to never tell the truth if your Hubby asks what something cost. She said what he doesnt know,doesnt hurt him. This has worked well for my marriage. I dont lie by a ton,but i usually lie a bit. Like no more than $50.00 or else he would be onto me. Hes been with me in Coach too many times. LOL.

Some people may not like this advice,but its pretty good advice.

Not yet, but almost. My boyfriend (who's the kind of guy who avoids the mall unless he needs something specific) was really sweet when we were on vacation and took me to the outlets. Thankfully, I didn't see anything I just *had* to have except a lovely scarf, which was 15.99. But I realized the chance of him seeing just how much purses cost (I pay for my own Coach lovelies, but I hate being judged for my spending like many of you). SO I refrained from acknowledging price tags out loud so he wouldn't have a :wtf: moment. I think I did a good job of distracting him, haha.

Not yet, but almost. My boyfriend (who's the kind of guy who avoids the mall unless he needs something specific) was really sweet when we were on vacation and took me to the outlets. Thankfully, I didn't see anything I just *had* to have except a lovely scarf, which was 15.99. But I realized the chance of him seeing just how much purses cost (I pay for my own Coach lovelies, but I hate being judged for my spending like many of you). SO I refrained from acknowledging price tags out loud so he wouldn't have a :wtf: moment. I think I did a good job of distracting him, haha.

lol DH is the same way! He absolutely avoids going to malls because he just hates them. He prefers if he can just send me which works for me! ;)

My first month on this forum = 4 bags (well, one is a swingpack so that doesn't really count) and several trips to the outlet, plus one tiny ebay purchase. Since my husband was with me when I bought the first bag (full price, at the boutique) my would-have-been cover was blown from the start. :sad: He was totally cool with all of it until tonight when I bought a Julianne. I promised no more bags ..... for a while.

Of course, as soon as the words were out of my mouth Iread about the 20% off coupon on the shopping thread!!! Uh-oh......!!!!!!!!!

OMG !!!
what were u thinking???
slap your forehead several times, please!!
always, and i'm telling you, to ALWAYS remember to divide by half the total spent values!
we're only allowed to reveal that much..
it's the basic rule of spending..
didn't u know??huh!