Have you ever told a potential buyer to just go away?

Is she yanking my chain? Have you ever cut off your nose to spite your face or if I relist do you think I'll get a more serious buyer? I'm so mad I'm even thinking of blocking her from bidding :cursing::mad::rant:. Am I losing it?:wacko:

My advice as a bidder and seller on eBay: It is not personal, it is business. Don't bring your emotions to the sales floor. You are in it for money, right? Why would you want to waste your valuable neurons on someone who is not your family / friend ?

Tell her you'll sell the bag in person for cash (NOT bank money transfer) if she agrees to meet in a public place, etc. She'll get a chance to inspect the bag before taking it home, and you'll get the hard cash. Prepare to say 'No' if she attempts to negotiate some more in person.

As far as her bidding goes, I won't block her. Why block a potential bidder who can help bid your stuff up? However, you don't have to haggle with her anymore if you don't feel like it. Simply don't reply to her further haggling e-mails, and that's it. She'll get the hint soon enough.

p-WA

Thanks suga and pippa[/]. I'm feeling hugely calmed down now -think I just needed to vent. I might just leave the whole business until I can work up the stomach to try again.

It sounds like selling bags is sadly, most often, not as easy as we would like it to be!

Buyers have ended up on BBLs for a lot less. I had a buyer who was a lot like yours, Woody and she was on my BBL in no time. She wanted a layaway plan for 5 pairs of shoes for 6 months and wanted to know when she finished paying if I'd allow her to exchange if they didn't fit. Ummm...no. Then she tried haggling on price. No thanks...a BBL these days is the only line of defense a seller has anymore. I'd rather be overly cautious than overly accommodating. Period.

You'll find a great buyer, sometimes it takes more patience than other times. :yes:

Thanks speedah and pursewatch. Its funny how through the course of this week I have had much better success and far more polite potential buyers emerge. In fact I am far more inclined to drop my price if someone is polite to me and I think it is going to be an easy transaction.

I think some of the advice through the thread is right - you just have to have the patience to wait for the right buyer.

But boy have I been cured of buying and selling bags for awhile!!!

^^ I have to say nearly all of my buyers are absolutely wonderful and gracious. It's just the few PITAs that seem to be louder and more troublesome that make the lasting impressions, unfortunately. :sad:

Yes, I told a couple of potential buyers to just go away.
One is apparently an active TPF member who threatened me of will letting her "friends" know that I am a bad seller. Huh? I am a bad seller because I was not willing to negotiate further down in price, because I am not willing to loose money on the deal, because I blocked her from buying from me, because I do not want to have a transaction with her? This was for an Hermes bag.