Have you ever thought of Trevi is an old lady bag? I'm so confuse!! Please help me!!

ah_tracy

love + be yourself
Jun 13, 2011
Hey guys,

As you guys know that I have just bought a trevi last week, then I shown the pictures to my workmates, they claimed : "she looks old on you"....."she's an old lady bag".....blah blah blah.....I then started to get confuse again should I keep her!!

I actually have the same thoughts when I first saw trevi, thought she was a bit "OLD", but then she slowly growing on me.....follow by another thought of she is a girly-gal bag.....after months of researching, I decided to go for something that out of my comfort zone!!

Well, gals! Really need your opinions about this trevi before i'm using her or return her (??). Have you ever have the same thought?? What do you think about this bag on me?? Does she go well with dr. marten boots?

Thanks in advance!! :hugs:

Attachments

• final-trevi-1.jpg
    final-trevi-1.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 929
  • final-trevi-2.jpg
    final-trevi-2.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 941
I think Trevi looks great on you! Since you said it was out of your comfort zone, maybe it just looks different from what your friends usually see you carry, so they made the negative comments. Sometimes it's good to step outside our usual self...

I think it definitely has a classic style, meaning that it could be carried by anyone of any age. And you can use it for years, without worrying it's too 'young' for you. Looks great on you!

Hi! Well you look great first of all :smile: However I will admit that I'm one of those that finds this bag to be matronly/mature. I've always felt that way, the framed shape of it is not for me ~ it's just not that casual young hip Doc Marten style, in my opinion. That being said it's a LOUIS VUITTON so I think anyone can rock any bag that they FEEL COMFORTABLE in ~ so it comes down to you and if it feels like "you" or the "you" you want to be, then let no one stop you. Your friends will get used to it. :smile: Good luck deciding!

Hi! Well you look great first of all :smile: However I will admit that I'm one of those that finds this bag to be matronly/mature. I've always felt that way, the framed shape of it is not for me ~ it's just not that casual young hip Doc Marten style, in my opinion. That being said it's a LOUIS VUITTON so I think anyone can rock any bag that they FEEL COMFORTABLE in ~ so it comes down to you and if it feels like "you" or the "you" you want to be, then let no one stop you. Your friends will get used to it. :smile: Good luck deciding!

That's the thing! Dr. marten casual hip rocky style isn't matchy to girly-gal classy look! When I tried trevi that day in the store, it seems I have pulled it thru'~ I still need more opinions!

I have to have my final decision by this weekend before I'm taking off to M'sia (holiday)......

Thanks for commenting! :smile:

I agree that it looks a little older but I don't think that's a bad thing. I think it's a very classy bag which can be carried on every age and you'll enjoy it for many years.

I just thinks it depends on what you're wearing with it, not so much the bag itself. I think it looks great on you even with those doc martens :P

I was feeling similar to you. First I didn't like it...then it grew on me...then I bought one...then I returned it! I think it is gorgeous and classy and timeless and all of what has been said before, but in the end, it just wasn't me. It was too structured, too stiff, to fit my look and my style. I personally think it looks great on you, but if you are not comfortable with it then maybe you should return it...but i wouldn't base the decision on what your friends think...only what matters to you! Good luck with your decision.

I think it looks great on you! Trevi is a sophisticated bag. I am 39 years old now and love carrying my Trevi more than any bag I own. That being said, I would not have been drawn to it when I was in my twenties.

I totally agree with everything you have said! :biggrin: