Have you ever taken stock?...And catalogued all of it online?

olive519

O.G.
Jan 12, 2007
I had some time on my hands and was computer-weary...so instead of putting away the laundry, I decided to photograph and inventory all my H items for security, for perusal, ...and to add up the value to some mind boggling, why didn't I just by a birkin total.

So I took pics of each item one by one and then uploaded to my computer, then to one of those external photo storage sites. Now I can look up my scarves, bags, bracelets, etc anywhere in the world with an internet connection, as well as for insurance purposes.

I then organized the drawer (yes this great bounty all fits neatly in one drawer) admired it, and moved on....

As I was going through all my stuff, I couldn't help but think of all the things that I've sold and realized, wow I have way too many scarves, though even more before!

So point of this thread, have you also photographed all your H stock and safely stored the photos off site to admire at any time when not at home?...or is it just me:shrugs:

No I haven't other than for reveals on here but it's actually a very good idea especially for insurance purposes as you say. My insurance company has a copy of the receipt for my Birkin but it wouldn't be a bad idea to have photographic evidence of it's existence if the worst happened

^^Yup, and if you ever have to travel w/o it, you can always gaze at pictures...um, yes I uploaded pics of my dd too and would ofcourse look at those first....:shame:

My SO is currently bugging me to finish this project. A never-ending Excel spreadsheet with descriptions, pricing and photos. I am honestly reluctant because I know he is a numbers man, and he will FREAK when he adds it all up. :sweatdrop: We have spent a fortune at H over 13 months' time. (And that doesn't even include the jewelry collection that has increased over the same period.) :Push: But we need it insured and we have to do it at current retail value, so our receipts won't be enough for today's replacement pricing.

um, Olive, the anal retentive side of me LOVES this idea...I may have to start doing that, even just for fun. I don't have many scarves and have been pretty strict with my "one thing in, one thing out" rule. I never said it was H for H though! ;)
Unfortunately, I don't need a spreadsheet to tell me that I need to STOP SHOPPING!! :nuts::okay: Actually, maybe I do!! haha

I have photos of most of the bags, for the reasons you suggest...it's been slow going though. Not many photos of the rest of the H stuff (bracelets, scarves). Part of me doesn't really want to know what the full tally is.

Yes I have done that. Besides insurance purposes, it's a good way to keep track of what I have. The price part, well... I don't like looking at that but sometimes a reality check is needed. LOL!

What, the cupcakes weren't enough to keep you happy? Next time, off to mistress sharon to keep you smiling all weekend! MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, I cannot bring myself to catalog everything at once. While my bounty is nothing plentiful, but still- my husband does not need to have any further evidence of my bad habits! LOL!

What, the cupcakes weren't enough to keep you happy? Next time, off to mistress sharon to keep you smiling all weekend! MUWHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Seriously, I cannot bring myself to catalog everything at once. While my bounty is nothing plentiful, but still- my husband does not need to have any further evidence of my bad habits! LOL!

Oh I'll take it all...cupcakes, Mistress Sharon, and some enchiladas suizas:graucho:

and Jag...do you think my dh has the password to my photo account?...he can't tell snapfish from shutterfly from the darkroom....its an insurance policy on many levels....

And all I need to keep smiling is all you guys around...and some cupcakes....MUAWWWW right back at you!