have you ever returned a bag and really regretted it later?

Should I keep this awesome bag or return it?

• KEEP IT!

• RETURN IT!

Results are only viewable after voting.
There needs to be! I could certainly join.

Have I ever returned a bag and regretted it? No. Am I worried about doing that very thing right now? Yes. I have a bag that I do really like and I know if I return it, rebuying at that price might not be an option (I bought it on sale). .

Oh i'm dying to know! what bag are you wrestling with returning???!

:smile:

I've never regreted returning a bag; I would've returned at least five more bags that I have now had the 30 day trial, not being outbidded, or $20 restocking fee plus shipping not been in the way.

What exactly do you mean by simplifying your life? Your style? The number of bags that you have which take up too much space or consume too much money? If it's the number of bags that you have, I'd look at what similarities this bag has with any of the others in your collection- whether its shape, general design on the body, color, size, leather, etc. and if most of the these are already covered by other bags in your collection, then I'd say it's too similar anyway and return it.

i mean bags that take up too much real space and i don't use all the time and so they were a 'waste of money' :sad:

it is very smart of you to point out -- is this similar to a bag I already own... or can this 'need' be met by a bag i already own. off the top of my head i would say no... i do NOT own one that already does what this one can for me :smile:

If you love it then keep it.
I actually have been filled with sadness over a bag I passed by a while back on annsfabulousfinds. It was a Gerard Darel bag and I really wish I had grabbed it when it was there because I have never seen another like it. :girlsigh:

I'm sorry about your missed opportunity :sad: i hope you find a really special Darel soon!

:smile:

If you returned this bag, what other bag would you use in its place? And would you be fine with that one? If not, then you should definitely keep it.

I would keep using my longchamp le pliage
or maybe i would take the tags off the andrew marc bag (although that one is quite different)
or the etsy bag i got awhile back -- but also very different
OR the campomaggi briefcase...

sigh... i really don't have a bag that fits the bill of this one...

thank you for taking the time to go through this internal struggle with me

and for giving me your advice

i really do appreciate it

i must seem like a nutcase over this on :smile:

thanks again!!!

TPF rocks!

PS. although i do find that i buy fewer bags when i'm NOT on TPF!!!! ;)

...like trying to part with my lambs, minkoff, abaco, coach etc

i'm trying to whittle down to only these active 'everyday' bags:

- le pliage
- etsy bomber jacket bag
- campomaggi briefcase
- andrew marc isis bag

(not including 'special day/going out' bags like my other Abacos, Velvetine, the prada i will probably never take out of the box, etc)

So i guess the question is does the green pebbled bag bring something new to the mix?

Or is it easily replaced/met by one of these bags i already own... ?

note: i'm not crazy about the andrew marc bag anymore -- it is super well made!!! and strong enough to carry a laptop... but i don't think the shape actually looks that good on me ... although its not as 'stiff' looking in real life as that catalogue photo.

here are the pics (hopefully)

what do you think about including my pebbled green slouchy bag in this mix?!

Attachments

• lisaone.jpeg
    lisaone.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 37
  • lisatwo.jpg
    lisatwo.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 39
  • lisa three.jpg
    lisa three.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 40
  • lisafour.jpg
    lisafour.jpg