Have you ever received a new bag that did not have this tag?

LoriB

wife, mom, bagaholic
O.G.
Apr 3, 2006
Just curious if you have ever ordered from balenciaga.com or bought a bag in the store and NOT receive the white tag that has the year, the type of leather (chevre or agneau) and all of the numbers on it? Please let me know, thanks!

yes, I have. Now I check all the tags before bringing a bag home, but there have been times when I didn't and when I got the bag home, the white year tag was missing. Also happened to me once with ******.

Thanks. I posted this to try to prove to someone that this does happen. I sold a bag to a goofball who is telling me that if a Bal comes from the store or website, it ALWAYS has this particular tag. I gave her the original purchase receipt but that wasn't good enough for her and she is giving me grief.

Did your listing say that the bag came with this tag or "all tags"? If so then I guess she has a point of contention. If you didn't specifically mention it then she should get over it. You sold her the bag not the tag.

My listing had a very clear photograph of the tags and receipt that was included in the auction. I did say all tags, but only meant that it came with all of the tags that came with it when it was purchased. She said the only reason she cared about that tag is that it will hurt the resale value, which I am sure she IS worried about since she bought it for over $500 under retail and has plans to sell and make a profit. Oh well.

I think lately its a norm at bal for giving out wrong tags . It happen to several of my friends as well. They gave them the tags of the same model but wrong color code

Thanks. I posted this to try to prove to someone that this does happen. I sold a bag to a goofball who is telling me that if a Bal comes from the store or website, it ALWAYS has this particular tag. I gave her the original purchase receipt but that wasn't good enough for her and she is giving me grief.

People like that are just a pain. Sorry you are getting grief about it.:smash:

tell her tough cookies!!

some buyers can be horrific and very picky

apologize to her once for not being 110% clear in the listing and that should be the end of it

i can't imagine her winning a snad case over one small descriptive tag

I have received bags without tags - mostly from department stores which are notorious for losing the tags. Hard to tell you what to do about this PITA, but I would start by telling her that she got an authentic Balenciaga - tag or no tag - at a fair price. She is probably fishing for a partial refund on a technicality which seems to be a very popular thing to do these days, unfortunately.