Have you ever not loved your holy grail bag IRL?

Cas_xx

Oct 1, 2014
Hi all, as the title says, have you ever dreamed/drooled over your ultimate dream bag then to purchase and when you see it in real life you don’t love it like you imagined you would?

Do you end up loving it in the end once you have got over the shock of actually buying it?

X

Yes and know. In my head, I always saw lambskin when I thought of chanel. But when I went to see it, it did n o t h i n g for me. It was dull, dented, and I looked at a LOT of bags. I also thought I wanted a WOC but when I saw that nooothings fits and it just looks good crossbody, I didnt get it. I actually queued three times to get it and then didnt pull the trigger.

I then decided a MINI in caviar (shiny, gold hardware...) would be my new holy grail - and - lord and behold, it took 2 years but I found it YESTERDAY. I am known to be someone who CANNOT for th elife of me decide - but with this bag, I knew right away. It took me a record of 10 Minutes to see it for the first time and pay! So I think: If u see something and it doesnt wow you as you always think it would - its not for u. somth even BETTER is waiting out there ;)

That’s me!!! Lol, I’ve gone through that with other brands including Chanel quilted purse. But I recently saw a Caviar plain leather not quilted, and became obsessed with Chanel. Now I dream of getting the right one for me.

Yes the GST. Many years ago I loved my coworker’s GST with silver hardware. When I went to try it on for myself though it just was not for me. It was too boxy and it wouldn’t stay on my shoulder. I also was not impressed with the caviar leather. I did not buy it. I still think it is pretty just not for me. I have since gotten some Chanel pieces I love.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Yes! I was dying to get a Chanel Reissue 225, so black, and finally got it. I used it a lot when i first got it, but I barely use it now and was just wondering if I should get rid of it. I still love it, so I don’t think I ever will part with it. I just hate that it’s sitting there collecting dust.

Yes! I was dying to get a Chanel Reissue 225, so black, and finally got it. I used it a lot when i first got it, but I barely use it now and was just wondering if I should get rid of it. I still love it, so I don’t think I ever will part with it. I just hate that it’s sitting there collecting dust.
Love this bag! Do you mind me asking why you don't use it very much now?

Yes. I wanted the medium size Kelly bag from 2010, the size that VBeckham wore a lot with the feet on the bottom, which almost none have. I finally purchased it and was like ... meh.... sent it back at the time and knew immediately I didn't like it after all. It was a very slouchy lambskin right out of the box and it just didn't seem right to me. I had lusted over it for a very very long time and it just didn't satisfy me when I got it. I ended up buying the same bag in caviar though, the material made the difference. So, it was/is still my HG bag but I originally purchased in the wrong leather.

Love this bag! Do you mind me asking why you don't use it very much now?

Sorry for my late reply. I’ve haven’t been on PF for awhile cause I’ve been busy buying a new house and moving.

I don’t use it much cause I really have to downsize to take it. I have a lot of pouches that I put things in and would have to pick and choose what I bring. I just don’t have the time to do it. If I made more time to think about what I want to use the night before, then I’d probably use it more.

Reactions: Cate14
Sorry for my late reply. I’ve haven’t been on PF for awhile cause I’ve been busy buying a new house and moving.

I don’t use it much cause I really have to downsize to take it. I have a lot of pouches that I put things in and would have to pick and choose what I bring. I just don’t have the time to do it. If I made more time to think about what I want to use the night before, then I’d probably use it more.
No problem! Thank you for the reply!