Have you ever messaged an eBay member asking them....

r15324

Dismembered
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
to sell something that they recently bought to sell to you?

I did this morning... twice! :biggrin: It was a really rare bag (not too expensive though), and I missed the original auction because I couldn't part with the money back then, and the second one occurred before I was looking for the bag. I offered a couple hundred above what they paid for. Hope they reply!

---

So have you?

How did it turn out for you?

BeenBurned

Coach, Dooney, Uggs
Authenticator
O.G.
Feb 25, 2007
There's nothing wrong with that.

I've done it when an auction ended without a winning bidder and I've emailed to ask if it'll be relisted and if they do, to please let me know.

lmt51

O.G.
Oct 28, 2009
I did, once! I saw my most wanted bag sold to the UK buyer, I was begging her to let me know if she would sell to me one day (sooner rather than later) would be good, but she said NO. She said she loved the bag, and won't sell it ever..pfftttt

r15324

Dismembered
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
I did, once! I saw my most wanted bag sold to the UK buyer, I was begging her to let me know if she would sell to me one day (sooner rather than later) would be good, but she said NO. She said she loved the bag, and won't sell it ever..pfftttt

i've done it but I was declined =(
it was for an auction that I slept through the end time =(

I hope I don't have to share the pain... Did you guys offer a higher price?

Janye

Apr 21, 2011
I asked about shipping and advised I was going to make an offer on a bin obo listing. I never got a reply till after the auction ended. Thankfully it had not sold and the seller relisted it for me and accepted my offer. I was glad it was not gone because there were 9 other declined offers when I asked. I guess it was low ballers. I just offered 20 under BIN and it was accepted. I was pleasently shocked the seller did this especially since I had one feedback at the time.