Have you ever loved a bag so much you don't want to buy a new one?

madigan

I'm done!
O.G.
Jan 16, 2007
I usually carry a bag for a little while (6mo-1yr), then switch it out for another. Most are beautiful, but there's always a functionality quirk that irritates me (not enough pockets, set up oddly, fishing for keys). I am usually always on the hunt for my next bag, just keeping my eyes peeled for a new love affair. Though recently, I've fallen in love for real. I only look at other bags in passing, but know I'll never love them as much as my current bag. I even bought another, but never even used it. Is this the end for me? Has this ever happened to you?

To me, there is no such thing as the perfect bag. I always need a different one depending on the occasion, the outfit, the season, etc. So I have to have bags of different sizes and colors and styles and so on. Certainly there are bags that are more comfortable for me than others, and I try to buy everyday bags in styles that I know work for me, but I don't believe in the "perfect bag" - at least for me!

I totally agree with what you said Madigan - except I have not found the perfect bag. HauteMama put it nicely too! I think even if I found the perfect bag, it would not be perfect for all outfits, occassions, and weather... So I will always be on the lookout!

I haven't had it with a bag, but with shoes - definitely! I have very small feet so if I find a pair of shoes that fits well, I often buy more than one pair or multiple pairs in different colours.

Never. Even after getting my Holy Grails (which are Balenciagas) I have a sickening feeling I would continue to want more bags. It's like an addiction really, it's hard to resist. If it's beautiful, functional, perfect, and just a great all-around bag, I'm all over it!

I still haven't found the perfect bag, gotten close but not yet. I have an idea what it might be but even then I'd want to switch off once in awhile. So no I would still be looking to see what's new or out there.

You know, I never thought that this would happen to me, and recently it had! I think if another bag that catches my eye comes out in the future I'll start buying bags in another style, but currently I am trying to keep myself from buying that favorite style of mine in every single color! It is so crazy I cannot tell you how. I think I've finally gone nuts officially.

I like to have a few different bags to switch around, but I know what you mean. I have about 12 bags in circulation at any given time, but to be honest I only use about 4 of them on a regular basis.