Have you ever lied about your LV?

Feb 8, 2006
I've had a couple of guys that scared me once ask me about my LV wanting to know if it was real. It was late and I had to stop for gas, I went inside to pay and a guy asked me, I turned to him and said "I wish!" He just kinda grinned and I paid and got out of there.

I lied to my bf & his friends...I know it sounds horrible but he just doesn't understand! They could not believe I had just spent $250 on a Burberry tote & when they saw my new LV they flipped out! So I let them believe I got it for under $100...I hate to admit that bc my bf is a complete sweetheart & is the most generous person I've ever met, he just doesn't understand handbags. It is very sad.

If I'm in a bad area or it's really late at night and some stranger ask me that question, I'll lie too. I want my life afterall! :lol:

I lie to my parents and relatives about the price of my bags all the time too. I always say I got it on sale or I discount up to 50% of the actual value. I don't want them to think I'm a shallow freak!

PurseFanatic said:
I've had a couple of guys that scared me once ask me about my LV wanting to know if it was real. It was late and I had to stop for gas, I went inside to pay and a guy asked me, I turned to him and said "I wish!" He just kinda grinned and I paid and got out of there.

Wow, I definitely would have too in the same situation ! :wacko:

I don't think I've ever lied about my bags.. but nothing so scary has ever happened to me before !

i lie to my mom. she never goes into a LV boutique because she wouldn't buy an expensive bag. she says she'd rather spend her money on jewelry. she'd have a fit if she knew how much my bags really cost.

My parents would have a fit too! So I do lie to them about the price. Otherwise I'm pretty honest unlike the gas station situation. That is pretty scary

I always give a discounted price on how much I actually spent on the bags. I just lie about everything I buy, cuz all my friends and family have tried many times to intervene my shopping habits (they took away my credit cards once, but they didn't know I memorized all the numbers LOL) =D

I'll tell strangers who ask me how much my bag costs that "I don't know, I got it as a gift"...even if I know the price. I just don't like disclosing that kind of information to a random person that approaches me on the street.