Have you ever hired a SOIL ENGINEER?

1. I think I might need to hire one, but am having zero luck trying to locate one in the US. Anyone out there have any ideas/suggestions? I'd be truly grateful.
    I think it's time or a martini!:whistle:

2. I have had to hire one when we bought a bunch of land in Montana that is being sold to developers once we put in the electric, streets, and sewers. Because this was previously unused land it is a federal reg that we had to have soil engineers to inspect, evaluate, etc. WHy do you need one?

3. We have dealings with them for our business - have you checked on-line for them in your area? Feel free to pm me for more info...

4. ^^Sent you a PM!

5. Just an FYI for all--they're actually called soils engineers or geotechnical engineers. Soils is just a specialization.

6. Thanks everyone-I have a good lead that I'll investigate tomorrow.:tender:

7. Also, call your City Hall, there's usually someone there that can help.

8. My parents have used a soil engineer they found through an architecture firm. Also, our county keeps a list of soil engineers available upon asking. Yours might do the same!

Good luck!

9. The Soil Conservation Service will test your soil if you send them a sample. Call them and ask them to send the kit. I think it's under United State Soil conservation Service or something like that. It may be your county soil conservation service. it cost $15.

10. Eek. i didn't read the whole thread. I thought you wanted your soil tested for gardening purposes. I am a bad multi-tasker.

11. I deal with them all the time at work but I'm in Canada so that doesn't help you much....

Good luck!!

12. I don't know what specifically you're trying to do, but a few of my colleagues are horticulturalists and I'm sure i can get some suggestions :smile: You can PM me if you want.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice