Have you ever had your luggage searched?

Yes, when we used to travel out of the country, we would occasionally have our bags searched. It wasn't really an inconvenience to us, but I was alway curious how they decided whose luggage to look into and whose they didn't.

I used to always 'randomly selected' to be searched just before I went into the airplane. Once I was held because I had a elmo toy for my son that went dancing and they were worried about it... it went twice through the machine another time I brought with me my medela breastpump... they held it up and asked me what it was ...hmm.

I do all of the time...I dont mind really...well, maybe I do kind of only because I will pack things in such a way that they fit perfectly and I also will roll things inside of other things to prevent wrinkles etc...or total space savers...they always mess everything up and for a few minutes I think..why do I bother to pack nicely? lol...I never show attitude. I will start explaining what is in my bag and why! so funny...one guy came across a little bag with condoms in it and then another little bag with tampons..Im not sure who went more red..my DH or the security guy!:rolleyes::lol::lol:

...one guy came across a little bag with condoms in it and then another little bag with tampons..Im not sure who went more red..my DH or the security guy!:rolleyes::lol::lol:

:roflmfao:

once quite recently i had my laptop case searched at security and it was a youngish guy and of course he had to look inside everything. so on he went, looking through stuff, and then came across this little cardboard box with a swirly pattern and decided to flip it open to look inside and went bright red :roflmfao:

in scandinavia ob tampons come in boxes like these:

img_45c9caba128a3.jpg

:lol:

he really should have known not to be surprised though, they advertise on tv enough!

^---Those tampons have neat packaging! :roflmfao: It looks like a box of mentos.

And yes, I have had my luggage searched before. I especially hate when they hand search my carry-on. I lose more socks that way. I don't know why but I got stopped last time I flew for having a can of sunflower seeds. Apparantly it looks like some sort of explosive. Also have been stopped for a fold-up hairdryer and badly folded underwear.

Hand luggage a few times but not checked luggage, I hand carrier bags from a high end store (I don't recall which one) I think they just wanted to see what was inside LOL
BF gets body searched all the time not the whole rubber glove just the pat down

^---Interesting about the body search. I've noticed that there are certain people who get searched all the time.

Anyone know how the TSA finds people? I heard that they tend to look for single women travelers because the logic behind it is that they would be more easily coaxed into carrying things for people. Dumb! They also look for people with one-way tickets. I haven't been body searched yet but the thought of it just makes me extremely nervous. I'd probably look extra suspicious because I'd be shaking from nervousness. :s

I've never had my luggage search as far as I remember, but I did get stopped in customs when I flew home from the Copenhagen purse meeting - I guess shabby looking people with expensive luggage draws some attention :shame:

I've gotten searched a few times... Once I was taken to a separate room to get searched when I went to Vancouver. Supposedly I fit a "profile."

In general I don't mind getting searched. It's for our security, right?

all the time, mostly random searches but twice because of 'suspicious' items... once they thought my breast pump was a bomb and another time they thought a package of chalk pastels were bullets!!

of course, the one time we had a foldable camping KNIFE in our carry on - forgotten from a previous road trip - they just let us through... go figure.

all the freakin' time. I'm the poster child for "randomly selected" for extensive search (be it my luggage, be it taking me behind a curtain to pat me down, be it blowing air up my clothes to puff them out and find stuff...I could go on forever).

my biggest problem with it is that 9 times out of 10 my bag is so stuffed that the security person just can't pack it back right to get it closed. usually they just give up the whole you-can't-touch-this thing and let me do it though.

Once on a connecting flight from Hawaii to Maui some how my mom Cosmetic case opened. When we went to get our luggage it was sitting there opened and empty covered in packing tape. Luckily she decided last minute not to put my brothers medicine in there or we would have been in trouble. It turned out that they searched it and then somehow broke the lock and then taped it up, but the tape had obviously been cut, it was really weird.

I get "randomly selected" for security screening all the time so my carry-on luggage is almost always searched. My check-in luggage has only been searched 3 or 4 times.

Not in like 3 years.. - Staff luggage doesn't get checked.. I don't know why. All my cases have a label saying Staff in bold letters, and that means all our luggage goes in and comes out at a different point to travellers luggage.