have you ever had a freaky ACCURATE PSYCHIC reading?

Eh, kinda...but I feel very iffy about psychics. I used to go them but abruptly stopped. Not because I am religious (I am spiritually agnostic) but because I didn't like having to hear things that may or may not come true.

The last reading I had was with a reader in my town and while everything she said came to pass (from my relationship to my boyfriend, my ex, and my job raise), her parting advice really stuck with me and made me never want to get another reading again (in a good way!).

I've only had 1 psychic reading in my life, and it ended up being way, WAY off base. I think she just told me what she thought I wanted to hear at the time to get my money. :lol:

Yes she told me my relationship at the time wouldn't work out and I would end up meeting someone that's a different race from me and he would be "the one"

She also told my friend she would get pregnant and have a daughter and my friend absolutely didn't believe her because she wasn't even dating anyone at the time. Whelp she ended up meeting a guy and did get pregnant and have a girl.

I have frequented one psychic who lives in MI, where I have family. I usually see her when I'm in town visiting (although it's been quite a while now). Her accuracy is astounding. A long time ago she said I would move to CA, get a job immediately and the company would start with the letter "W." She also said I would meet my husband there and his name would be Matt. Unbelievably, all those things turned out to be true.

She also predicted health related matters that pertained to my parents, which were true.

Now that I think about it, I should make an appointment to see her when I visit my parents during the holidays!
could you share the psychic's info? thanks so much

Yes.

So, about 17 years ago I was in New Orleans and saw the psychics in Jackson Square. I told my best friend I wanted to try one out... so I did. She was HORRIBLE. Beyond terrible and barely paying attention. Turned me off of the whole experience.

3.5 years ago I was back in New Orleans with my best friend (the same one) and we were back in Jackson Square. And I saw another psychic and I was like hah! I want to do this for ****s and giggles again.

Older and wiser, I refused to give anything away and I just listened to her. She told me that I would be leaving corporate America to work for a smaller type company that I was going to find out that I had very little interest in climbing the corporate ladder (I didn't tell her what I did or who I was working for). She said I was going to have an experience like maybe going back to school or something where I would figure this out and change the direction of my life and this would be fairly shortly going to happen (perhaps less than 2 years).

She said I have some minor health issues but nothing that would be like hugely significant in the near future. I do have some endocrine issues that are more annoying than anything else.

After she finished she asked how she did. I tipped her and then asked if I could bum a cigarette. I told her well at the time I had about 1 year left in my MBA and that I could maybe see leaving my big corporate job in about 5-7 years after I finished up some additional time and let some additional payments/shares pay out. I said I don't think I see myself as an entrepreneur and she said that was definitely not what she saw but she said I was going to find myself in a much smaller company where I played a much larger role. I kind of scoffed at that because well I worked for about a 75 person company at one time and loathed it.

10 months later I followed a former manager to a 5 person consulting firm. This would have NEVER been something I would have felt comfortable with. I accepted the offer without getting a 401k match (my former company had a HUGE match and an annual free money dump into your 401k for profit sharing). I also am risk averse so the idea of such a small firm that could maybe not have enough business was rather scary. It was the absolute best decision of my life. I have been there going on 3 years now. I feel like an entrepreneur, love my clients, love the travel, feel very financially solid, love how I self-determine my work life.

It dawned on me a few months after taking the job that it felt like the psychic was right. It was during business school after my final grouping of courses where I realized - I was not so thrilled anymore with corporate life, and there were some other things she had mentioned that seemed to pretty much be accurate.

Decent experience but could also have been coincidental.

I've only been to a psychic once.

She was a nice woman, traveling up from the South through my city. She was giving readings in a bar. My friends and I were there and they talked me into doing it. I was 21 at the time.

She asked me if I had a brother or my own baby who died. I told her that I didn't. She said that I had an angel with me, who was a young spirit, and he had the name of the highest archangel Michael. That she could feel how much he loved and adored me. She said she felt that he had the strong need to protect me too.

I thought she was just making up an interesting story or someone had told her that I had always had an obsession with angels when I was a kid.

A few months after, and I had never told my mother the story, my mother confessed to me that she had been pregnant when her and my father were married and that the baby was born stillborn. And, I'm sure you guessed it, his name was Michael. Which was my grandfather's name too.

I don't know if I truly believe that it was anything more than a coincidence, but it made me doubt my own beliefs about the afterlife.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vanilla Bean
When I was a teenager, a friend of the family died in a traffic accident. His name was Stephen. Many years later, a friend and I went to see a psychic and on the train travelling down, I made a comment to her about, 'I bet she (the psychic) reads people's minds'. Within minutes of settling in for my reading with said psychic, she told me this, 'I've got Stephen here and he said to tell you I am not reading your mind'
I don't remember much about my session with her but that particular memory has stuck with me for years.

Reactions: Vanilla Bean
I've never been to one but my daughter was at an all girls night out, someone hired a psychic to come, she told my daughter that she saw mounds of dirt around her, it's funny because we were building a new home and that's exactly what it looked like at the time.

Also and this is really freaky, she told my daughter she saw an old woman that looked like my daughter and an old man standing next to her and they were always looking out for my daughter, one day we were looking at some old photos, there was a picture of my husbands grandparents
The woman looked just like my daughter.

I still don't believe in them though.

I have always wanted to visit a psychic but figured they were just frauds. I am curious to try one and see if they are real or not. I have had a friend try and re my tarot cards but none of it was accurate. But it was still fun.

I know that many of those readers are total bullcrap artists. Then there are people who truly have insight or maybe they just have a really good at reading the tarot cards? I saw a reader once, her name was Emily L. West and she was pretty good. I spoke to her a few times, she seemed gifted and accurate. It's also weird that people say Sylvia Browne is a fraud because even though I am sure she is most likely suspect, she has been known to give very accurate predictions. The only prediction she made that I remember is in the very early 2000's after Gore lost she said on Montel that she predicts that there will be another ******* in the white house. And if we are lucky that might be the case now in 2016. I thought that was pretty impressive. So it's kind of a mixed bag, it's best to trust your instincts.

I did. Had my cards read for fun at a Fall fair in 1998 I believe she looked at my palm too but I can't recall. At the time I was in college with no direction. The lady was super excited for me and she kept asking me "what are you doing?" I kept replying "college". And she kept shaking her head saying, "No No what are you doing?!" Like I was lying to her. She said you're going to travel the world, meet many many influential people, you will meet Presidents. She said that with an S. I laughed at her. Within 2 months my entire life fell apart, by January I could no longer afford school and applied to be a flight attendant. Got the job and am living the life she saw. I have met 3 presidents so far. :P

I 1000% believe that at least my lady was real. She was so specific about "Presidents". I don't think that's just a coincidence and at the time the job of flight attendant wasn't even on my radar.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: skyqueen