Have you ever gone to work without having slept AT ALL?

Adore

"BLONDIE"
Sep 17, 2006
I don't know what is wrong with me, I can't sleep! I have to wake up at 6:00 and it's almost 3:00. I am losing my coordination, I don't know how I'm going to manage tomorrow. I work on the computer so it's actually not that bad but I don't know how I'm going to feel.
I think it has to do with me drinking coffee earlier this afternoon (but it's been so long at this point since then) and eating late because I was sooo hungry I couldn't get comfortable to sleep.

Now I'm awake... I feel like I can't sleep even more because I'm basically counting down how much time I have left to make myself fall asleep, it's weird.

Has anyone had this problem before?? It's weird to imagine going to work without having slept...

This happens to me every week. It's usually only when I return from an outing with the girls and I'm in a hyper mood. Those nights I usually get about 3-5 hours of sleep before work and regret not having enough drinks to knock myself out (lol). Sometimes I try so hard to sleep and nothing works. But most of the time, sleeping on a full stomach helps.

I used to have so much trouble sleeping. Once I got myself on a regular routine (i.e. going to bed and waking up at the same time everday, it's helped so much! I can fall asleep within about 30 minutes of hitting the pillow. There's been exceptions, when I'm really stressed, for instance, but overal this really helps. I would also avoid anything with sugar or caffeine. And working out really makes me sleep easier.

Yes but it was school for me =[ I know it sounds hard but if you can't get to sleep by the time you're supposed to be working, try to stay up until tomorrow night, then you'll get your sleep schedule back to normal.

I'm just really afraid of how I will function. I know it is unhealthy to not sleep and I am paranoid of hurting myself by not sleeping. I am so tired I can't sleep I feel sick and hot. It's like a cycle =\ This never happens to me either, only once or twice in my life and it was with school and that is different from work haha!

All the time. Especially when my work schedule was be crazy. Like one day working from 9-5 and the next working from 4-12am.

It wasn't so bad.. but when I got home.. I had the best sleep ever.

This has happened to me before, but I usually ended up falling asleep about an hour before I had to wake up and feeling even worse!!!

Try and get through the workday as best as you can. Keep busy and don't sit down and do "nothing" to relax during a break...you'll basically just not want to get up anymore. This is what I have to do when I get off of long haul flights (I can't sleep on planes and I'm usually up more than 24 hours by the time I get to the destination)...but once I sit down to relax, I'm out!

I'm just really afraid of how I will function. I know it is unhealthy to not sleep and I am paranoid of hurting myself by not sleeping. I am so tired I can't sleep I feel sick and hot. It's like a cycle =\ This never happens to me either, only once or twice in my life and it was with school and that is different from work haha!

I thought I was the only one who got hot when they lacked sleep! :nuts: Thought my thermostat just didn't work correctly. :lol:

Just try to get through the day as best you can, and try as much as you can to get your mind off of the fact you did not sleep - obsessing will only make you feel worse. I agree with the ^ poster, as well, who said stay up until your normal bedtime - it is SO HARD, but you'll get fabulous sleep, and your routine will not get all messed up.

:hugs:

oh yeah! but it was only once and never doing it again! It was after my Bday night and I was out ALL night dancing until 7 in the morning and I had to be at work by 8-2! I slept the whole day of course after getting home hehe! but never again!

Thanks for the responses!! Now I don't feel so alone and like I will just fall over in the middle of the day, haha.
I think I managed to get up to 2 hours of sleep so that's good. I hope that doesn't happen EVER again haha.

I have but it was because I was out partying all night or something of that nature (this was back when I was a twenty-something). I was psycho the next day at work. I would go to the bathroom and take a quick nap and go to my car and sleep over lunch. It didn't really help but it did get me through the day.

Adore, i'm glad you were able to get some rest! i think our bodies can handle it once in a while. we probably won't perform at capacity but we can still semi-function. ;) back in my crazy days, i'd do that...but now the mere thought of it makes me want to take nap! ;)